Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Request Help] Iphone 3g "emergency calls only"

Exclamation [Request Help] Iphone 3g "emergency calls only"
    can any1 help me unlocking the iphone 3g on the "emergency call only screen"?

I tried getting DITS : Failed to work
    RedSn0w 9.5: Failed to work

Is there anything else that can help me unlocking the iphone? >_<

I'm Desperate!!!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

What firmware are you on?

You might try sn0wbreeze 2.0.2 for 4.1. Create a custom fw in expert mode and select "activate" along with whatever else you want like "winterboard" multitask wallpaper and of course "Cydia". Then build the firmware and shift+restore to it in iTunes. Then you should be jb on 4.1 and be able to access your springboard.

It would really help for me to know what fw you're on now tho so I can determine if you're using the right version of Redsn0w or anything else.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-10-30 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

o0King0o (2010-10-30)

see, the problem is that i cant get pass the "emergency calls only" to go to my setting and see the firm ware...

I'll try snow breeze but i get error after i restore my iphone....

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Use F0recast from ih8sn0w.com to see what firmware you're on

6. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

o0King0o (2010-10-30)

i am Firmware 3.1.3 and baseband 5.14.02

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Ok, you used the wrong version of Redsn0w. To jailbreak 3.1.3, first download the 3.1.2 ipsw (you'll need to point at this and not 3.1.3 for Redsn0w). Then download Redsn0w 0.9.4.

Don't restore your phone or anything, just run Redsn0w 0.9.4. It will ask you to select a firmware, select the 3.1.2 I told you to download.

Continue and select "Cydia" when prompted (don't select anything else). Then continue and follow the on screen prompts. When finished, you should be able to access your homescreen. Unlock with Ultrasn0w in Cydia.

Edit: sorry I misread your baseband. It's too high, you can't unlock it.

In F0recast, what bootloader does it say you have? You might be able to downgrade the baseband. If you have bootloader 5.8 then you can use Fuzzyband from Cydia to downgrade the baseband. If you don't have that bootloader, you'll have to wait for the new unlock.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-10-30 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost