Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1274

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.1 Unlock Updates

I want to order the Gevey sim but I'll have it at the earliest by April 15th (a friend is coming from the states). Should I wait for the baseband unlock or order now? I've waited this long might as well wait a bit more I guess. Dev team has to come through within the next month..or not?

I think that gevey sim will only be sold in usa and china right? That would be kinda ***, because I live in the netherlands .

Quote Originally Posted by jabij1 View Post
    I want to order the Gevey sim but I'll have it at the earliest by April 15th (a friend is coming from the states). Should I wait for the baseband unlock or order now? I've waited this long might as well wait a bit more I guess. Dev team has to come through within the next month..or not?
    I thought musclenerd have tweeted that there will be some development over this weekend? Something about the brute force hacking the encryption? (Sorry not too familiar with these terms) Any news from that end or should i just go for a BB9800? lol. I'm in dying need for a working phone with email capabilities. And also whatsapp.

Musclenerd said he plans to dump the seczone, have to phone officially unlocked, and then check the seczone again. From there a bruteforce method is designed from comparing the differences. While the bruteforce method is running he said he plans to continue to look at creating an unlock through an injection vector in the even that the NCK bruteforce takes a prohibitively long amount of time.

Damn, so you dont think it will come within the next week or 2? or no one knows.

Quote Originally Posted by alex1015 View Post
    Musclenerd said he plans to dump the seczone, have to phone officially unlocked, and then check the seczone again. From there a bruteforce method is designed from comparing the differences. While the bruteforce method is running he said he plans to continue to look at creating an unlock through an injection vector in the even that the NCK bruteforce takes a prohibitively long amount of time.
    is the bruteforce method starting to look to impractical to implement?

i keep hearing a about a ultrasnow fixer being released any one know about that?

Quote Originally Posted by fmlouder View Post
    i keep hearing a about a ultrasnow fixer being released any one know about that?
    That's just referring to the update to allow it to work with 4.3 It will not cover any additional basebands, it's just being updated as it wasn't compatible with 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by sensui67 View Post
    is the bruteforce method starting to look to impractical to implement?
    Not necessarily. Supposedly it is easier to do by comparing the seczone of an officially unlocked phone before and after unlock. Musclenerd said they're going to do this and then create the BF which will run on a comp. When it's running he said he'll look at other methods, my bet is just to do it as a backup plan incase the NCK method isn't feasible

Quote Originally Posted by fmlouder View Post
    https://github.com/msftguy/ultrasn0w-fixer

The code is ready for Iphone 3/3GS

Not the iPhone 4. ih8sn0w is testing to see if it will unlock baseband 1.59.00 on o/s 4.3. ih8sn0w is not a baseband exploit hacker like planetbeing, musclenerd, sherif hashim. He is trying his Skills on making previous exploits work on 4.1/4.2.1 work on 4.3 due to ASLR

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xviet View Post
    They will never release the unlock! Done with that, they have just talked BS from day one people stuck on 02.10.14.
    I love reading posts like this on here (and elsewhere)

They won't release the unlock because they don't have one that works to release!

Do you people realize how incredibly hard this stuff is? The longer the game goes on, the more Apple has the upper hand as exploit after exploit is closed. The addition of ASLR just makes things all the more complicated and harder to find new exploits.

While I don't do iPhone hacking myself I have done assembly language hacking in the past (e.g. find the place in the code where a Branch instruction happens that goes off to a subroutine which blocks use of the program in some way, and NOP it out via binary patching) and it's hard work.

I saw the writing on the wall a ways back and made sure I bought a new iPhone 4 when it still came with 01.59.00. Just buying any iPhone 4 and expecting - no, demanding - that the Dev Team (or anyone else) unlock it is the height of hubris. The sense of entitlement I've seen in Tweets at musclenerd/Sherif et al. is astounding sometimes. For example, just in the last 2 hours:

@alvin_prinCE
    @MuscleNerd : seriously, can u identify the specific date when will u can unlock it ...?????? almost ??

@pradeepktg
    @MuscleNerd BF method/Solution is like factory unlocked?can we expect in another1 week??atleast appx time please?or d crnt progress pls. Thx

@DRealSuperman
    @MuscleNerd @sherif_hashim U r seriously messing with a lot of ppl, giving unlock hopes, when you are good for nothing. GIVE UP! Apple Wins.

To all the complainers I would say this: THESE PEOPLE OWE YOU NOTHING.

Gevey sim or the "w/c ever is last" phrase!?... lol...

gevey sim?... Tik tok tik tok tik tok..

Wow 77 pages long thread...i hope soon enough we will get an unlock because this is really taking forever

iPhone? More like MyPhone Patato22's Avatar
    Thanks

Why you ppl don not get

the is no unlock from dev teammmmmmmmmmmmmm
    iPhone 4 Black 16GB JailBroken waiting for unlock

Quote Originally Posted by Patato22 View Post
    Why you ppl don not get

the is no unlock from dev teammmmmmmmmmmmmm
    They always provided unlocks for us, so don't be so pessimitic.
    Last edited by SelimBez; 2011-03-20 at 06:46 PM.

Musclenerd claims he has finally dumped the seczone. This is excellent news. This way the BF can be performed on a computer instead of on the phone and so this way the baseband won't brick after too many incorrect NCK attempts. Next then, the phone will be officially unlocked and the seczone dumped again. From this extra information the bf can be designed

This is curious though, as he is in the USA perhaps this means the phone is going to be sent to Canada, unlocked and then returned to him

EDIT: nevermind, the phone is probably authorized to be unlocked, then the seczone dumped. When it is reconnected to iTunes it will be officially unlocked and in that moment the NCK can be captured to compare against a possible bf attempt.

hmm... no one wants to talk about the unlock anymore huh...

We do, just no news from any of the dev team. So might as well get off topic for a while. :P

iphone on tmobile = sexy

IT'S MANBEARPIG!
    I told you it was real!

Device: iPhone 2G 16 GB
    Firmware: 2.2.1 Unlocked + Jailbroken w/ Quickpwn.
    Computer: Windows XP & Vista (64 Bit)

How long BF procedure should take?, where are you following these updates?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Patato22's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SelimBez View Post
    They always provided unlocks for us, so don't be so pessimitic.
    Like 7 months with no unlock ?
    And in top of that they lie to all user:

They said unlock will be out ones 4.3 is out ? ******** why no just speak the true ????

lOl o dont need your dev unlock anymore h2o works perfect in unlocked iPhone

Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast