Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.1 Unlock Updates

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    The date that itunes gives to check if there is a software update has nothing to do with the actual date it will come out.
    true

Default Limesn0w Unlock for iOS 4.2 | 4.1 Baseband 02.10.04 - 05.14.02 - 05.15.01- 05.15.04
    I ran across this video on Youtube and it explains alot.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uwLvF6D--M]YouTube - Limesn0w Unlock for iOS 4.2 | 4.1 Baseband 02.10.04 - 05.14.02 - 05.15.01 - iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G[/ame]

Green Apple
    Thanks

That video is a fake, Limesn0w does not exist.

Do you know 100% for a fact or are u just assuming? I take it, you don't know geohot and his routine? Most of us that have been in the jailbreak scene since the beginning when it was firmware 1.0.1, all know geohot and how he tended to hold out until the last minute and release a jailbreak or unlock from outta nowhere. Look at what he did last month with limera1n. hummm... Besides, I posted the video because of the message in the beginning. I couldn't really copy and paste it so I placed the video instead. I personally think, geohot is gonna surprise us all once again. Look out on Saturday and bite ur tongue when he does. I maybe new to this forum but don't be mistaken and think I'm new to the jailbreak game. Just stating my experince and facts here. Please don't be offended Riotnrrrd for I am not trying to offend u in anyway. I just think u may need to do some research before flat out saying something is a fake or a lie. The honest truth is no one knows for sure except for God and geohot.
    Last edited by iPadMaster; 2010-11-11 at 10:45 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

The video is fake. Geohot said himself that there is no limesn0w and there never will be. What he did with Limera1n was actually to save an exploit from being used when he had a exploit that he knew apple knew about and were going to patch even if not released. So he strung limera1n together to stop ChronicDev from wasting shatter. Releasing a unlock now just to trump the dev team is not something he would do.

So has the new iTunes 10.1 update out yet? Or is that also coming on Friday? I try to update mine and it says, I have the latest version.

I guess no one can read between the lines anymore? When geohot says "This will never be real, understand it media", he is actually saying that the limesn0w.com site will never have the limesn0w unlock. Also meaning, you can't get the limesn0w unlock from limesn0w.com. If you watch the video demo, you will see that the limesn0w unlock is just under Cydia inside the limera1n jailbreak which we all know you get from limera1n.com. So bottomline, geohot's message on limesn0w.com is so purposely vague that he wants people to believe the message in it's context without saying point blank "Limesn0w unlock will never be real" that way he can release the unlock and not look like he lied. There is no website or message from geohot stating that limesn0w will never be real or he wasn't releasing the limesn0w unlock. He only says "this" meaning "the site itself and not the actual unlock." Like I said, only geohot and God knows for sure. Just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by iPadMaster; 2010-11-11 at 11:43 PM.

Thanks

We shall see. I just dont see why geohot would do it as there is no reason to.

Well the reason is because Dev Team's unlock being released on this weekend will not unlock iPhone 4 on Sunday. MuscleNerd stated that they will have to release an update for iPhone 4 later. Reliable sources close to geohot say, geohot is making moves as we speak to get limesn0w capable of unlocking all iPhones including iPhone 4. He his waiting for the 4.2 firmware so he can validate that the unlock works with both of iPhone 4's basebands 2.10.04 on iOS 4.1 and 03.10.01 on iOS 4.2 being released on Friday.
    Last edited by iPadMaster; 2010-11-11 at 11:36 PM.

The video looks fake and it sounds fake, However, with Geohot you never know what he is capable of. He always said that the limera1n web site did not mean a JB and he only came out and released Limera1n when it became clear that Shatter was not all devices and was very limited.
    We now know that the new unlock is also limited to only 3G and 3GS so its possible he has a better exploit covering more devices. However, I don't think he would release anything without bringing musclenerd into the loop.

Thanks

Thats isnt why geohot released limera1n. He released because he thought Apple may be in the process of patching his exploit. So he did it to save shatter for a later date since if shatter had been used in greenpoison then there is a good chance that both exploits could have been patched at the same time, which would not have been a good thing for the jailbreak community.

It just doesn't make sense 2.10.04 and 5.14.02 should be ready why don't they release it!!! They should release both immediately after 4.2 if the methods don't work in 4.2 boooohoooo just release god damn!

i've been using the 3gs without jb/unlock for a while... and now since i'm taking a vacation in another country... would like to unlock the phone to accept the sim card here... so please excuse how confused i sound... but here goes

if i'm on os 4.1 (8b117) i would not be able to unlock at this point?

thanks

Not yet probably Friday Saturday or sunday unlock will be out

Quote Originally Posted by slayoxus View Post
    It just doesn't make sense 2.10.04 and 5.14.02 should be ready why don't they release it!!! They should release both immediately after 4.2 if the methods don't work in 4.2 boooohoooo just release god damn!
    First off only 5.14 unlock is ready. IP4 2.10 has not even been started, all they have first stage crash. Secondly, there is a very good reason why they do not release until after 4.2 is released. The new firmware also comes with a New Baseband. If they release before the firmware is officially released it gives apple an opportunity to patch it in the new baseband. The benefit is that the unlock will possibly work in two versions of baseband unless apple accidently already discovered it and patched it in the new baseband.

Be patient they are working in your interest.

@slayoxus
    thank you much

NOoOOoOOOooooOOOOoO!! I've been sooo patient.

Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast