Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.1 Unlock Updates

Ne idea abt wen 4.3 will b releasd ???

You guys are stupid. It's not that they don't have the unlock, it's just that they are waiting for 4.3 to be released. If they release the unlock before 4.3 then apple will just patch the baseband hole before it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohit29891 View Post
    Ne idea abt wen 4.3 will b releasd ???
    I would guess 2-3 weeks maybe little more
    Last edited by manbearpig; 2011-01-30 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to manbearpig For This Useful Post:

Jechi (2011-01-30)

Quote Originally Posted by manbearpig View Post
    You guys are stupid. It's not that they don't have the unlock, it's just that they are waiting for 4.3 to be released. If they release the unlock before 4.3 then apple will just patch the baseband hole before it comes out.

Technically you are right, but do we conclude that the unlock is there, and the only issue is the release of 4.3?
    I never heard any tweets from sherif hashim or even from the dev team in regard to this unlock. the issue here is lacking the information which we should periodically hear from these people. A small tweet explaining the situation would clear so many question marks!

is there anything that can convince the dev team to release the ul earlier?

No it's foolish to release it earlier considering that 4.3 should be out in the next few weeks. They know this, as unlocks are particularly rare they want to have it work for as many people as possible.

That being said word is that 4.3 beta 3 is coming out today. This would mean that about another week for 4.3GM and then a couple days more for 4.3 final.

Unlock coupled with geohots untethered iboot exploit and the new exploits found by chronic dev team make the post 4.3 JB/UL scene very interesting.

EDIT: My timeframe is a bit off. Looked into it a bit more closely below
    Last edited by alex1015; 2011-02-01 at 09:15 PM.

true. 2 more weeks then

We'll see, traditionally, it's a week after GM to the final build assuming there are no last minute problems (like there was with 4.2)

However, with 4.1 it took nearly a month to go from beta 3 to GM. So if that's the case this time then in a month we have the GM, and a week later the final release.

On the other hand with 4.2 it took two weeks from beta 3 to GM. So if that's the case it's going to be two weeks until the GM and another until final.

So we're looking at somewhere on the order of 3-6 weeks until the final of 4.3 if history is anything to go off of. I'd bet closer to 3 though as it seems they want to get 4.3 out close to the release of the VZW iPhone. And by then hopefully we'll finally have our unlock.

c'mon! few days left guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by giyang View Post
    c'mon! few days left guys!!
    who told you so? are you filling your hands with something?

Quote Originally Posted by Jechi View Post
    who told you so? are you filling your hands with something?
    I don't think he has any source but it's just an assumption. My guess would be 2 weeks minimum.

I don't think he has any source but it's just an assumption. My guess would be 2 weeks minimum.
    Are you guys guessing two weeks minimum until 4.3 comes out or two weeks minimum until the Iphone 4 baseband can be unlocked. I definitely hope sooner than later. I am with everyone here... bought my phone months ago and have only turned it on once or twice. It kills me having an Iphone 4 and not being able to use it especially because the phone I am using now is an Iphone 3G with a cracked screen. Guess I like Iphones a little bit too much haha.

NO,they are not stupid. Its the fact that there's no unlock, you see when 4.1 came out and many were stuck on baseband 02.10.04, they said that unlock would come out right after 4.2 or 4.2.1 then christmas & new year and then the 01-11-11 and now after 4.3 but when it comes i am sure the next is for the ios5. You are just trying to fool yourselves, move on guys dont keep on depending on hashim, he cant do it.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

For the last time Sherif Hashim is not the one doing the unlock, all he does is find the crashes that lead to them. His involvement with the unlock ended when he handed the crashes to MuscleNerd near the end of last year. MuscleNerd is the one developing the unlock.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

manbearpig (2011-02-04)

Quote Originally Posted by jyrec View Post
    NO,they are not stupid. Its the fact that there's no unlock, you see when 4.1 came out and many were stuck on baseband 02.10.04, they said that unlock would come out right after 4.2 or 4.2.1 then christmas & new year and then the 01-11-11 and now after 4.3 but when it comes i am sure the next is for the ios5. You are just trying to fool yourselves, move on guys dont keep on depending on hashim, he cant do it.
    Pesimism

Uhh.. IDK if this is the right place to post it, but has anybody had the problem of successfully using ultrasn0w to unlock your iphone, but not getting service at all?

I'm on 3gs, 4.1, 6.15.00...

I've had service here and there and received a text, but that's it.. I always lost it within a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    For the last time Sherif Hashim is not the one doing the unlock, all he does is find the crashes that lead to them. His involvement with the unlock ended when he handed the crashes to MuscleNerd near the end of last year. MuscleNerd is the one developing the unlock.
    Thank you!
    Someone who actually knows what they are talking about.

[quote[@MuscleNerd: ultrasn0w unlockers *please* remember not to update to stock 4.2.1! Know exactly what to do to avoid a BB update![/quote]

Bad sign, the update is still not ready i think :/

Quote Originally Posted by SelimBez View Post
    MuscleNerd: ultrasn0w unlockers *please* remember not to update to stock 4.2.1! Know exactly what to do to avoid a BB update!
    Bad sign, the update is still not ready i think :/
    hmm...so there's my question again...can I use TU to maintain baseband and update to 4.2.1? or does that only apply to updating to 4.1?
    @hvywheel

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge78 View Post
    hmm...so there's my question again...can I use TU to maintain baseband and update to 4.2.1? or does that only apply to updating to 4.1?
    Jailbreak iPhone 4 4.2.1 with GreenPois0n RC5 and Unlock with Ultrasn0w [Guide] | Redmond Pie

Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast