Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.1 Unlock Updates

Quote Originally Posted by mcatt66 View Post
    someone should kidnap him and hold him at gunpoint until it is unlocked. . its only fair. .
    lol, but don't blame the dev team, blame yourself. They use their free time to unlock and jailbreak iPhone 4. So we should be more thankful to them

I totally agree... I've been waiting for about 5-6 months now. Of course I'm upset about it like everybody else... But people gotta be more patient. Especially when they're doin this stuff for free...to hook us up.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hey does anybody know for how much I can get factory unlocked phone in Canada? Because there's a guy he's selling it for 720 brand new including shipping to USA, and he is still making profit. My bet is that he's paying 550$ for factory unlocked sealed iPhone in Canada is it possible or he's just trying to screw me over?

Quote Originally Posted by wolk72 View Post
    Hey does anybody know for how much I can get factory unlocked phone in Canada? Because there's a guy he's selling it for 720 brand new including shipping to USA, and he is still making profit. My bet is that he's paying 550$ for factory unlocked sealed iPhone in Canada is it possible or he's just trying to screw me over?
    16GB $675
    32GB $785

according to my source.

You can probable check apple.ca to make sure the price is right.

Just checked apple canada online, its 659 and 779 for 16 and 32GB respectively, add taxes etc.
    Last edited by indyzzzz; 2011-01-12 at 11:23 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So he sounds legit, probably getting them from crags or got friend who works at apple

are we just waiting for 4.3 to come out?

Quote Originally Posted by wolk72 View Post
    So he sounds legit, probably getting them from crags or got friend who works at apple
    Check his feedback (if he is on ebay)....if he has sold high dollar items or iPhones in the past, then he is probably ok.....

i wasn't going to seat and wait i sold my iphone 4 and got my self a unlock one simple u can easily sell it to att ppl on craig for 550 plus 100 or maybe less u can get an unlock one new so now I'm happy

I think the time has come for us to move on, we cant do unlock for ourselves so we just have to sell our ip4s then buy a new one, a factory unlock. We depend too much on Sheriff Hashim which was not good. we could have enjoyed using ip4 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jyrec View Post
    I think the time has come for us to move on, we cant do unlock for ourselves so we just have to sell our ip4s then buy a new one, a factory unlock. We depend too much on Sheriff Hashim which was not good. we could have enjoyed using ip4 months ago.

yup.. now 4.3 beta just been released with a new Baseband(i think), are we "again" on a waiting mode? it never stops.. i wonder why can't D-team release an unlock for the iP4 4.1, 2.10 bb? while you have an Untethered Limerain JB..

the problem is nobody wants to buy the locked versions. . so ur going to take a loss. .
    i think buying a new iphone factory unlocked is a mistake. . time to move on the the HTC evo 4 or samsung galaxy or any number of non iphone smartphones ..just the first of many Loses the dev team sheriff will take. .
    Last edited by mcatt66; 2011-01-13 at 04:24 AM.

yeah we could buy another phone,im tired of waking up each morning and everytime i checked on the site just to be disappointed. We spent much for this ip4 not only in money matters but also time and getting frustrated most of the time.We could not blame anybody but ourselves.I bought this ip4 with 02.10.04 bb and hoping that the unlock would be release soon, xmas & new year had passed,but whats so disappointing is we dont get much updates or info bout the unlock.Time to move on indeed.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jyrec View Post
    yeah we could buy another phone,im tired of waking up each morning and everytime i checked on the site just to be disappointed. We spent much for this ip4 not only in money matters but also time and getting frustrated most of the time.We could not blame anybody but ourselves.I bought this ip4 with 02.10.04 bb and hoping that the unlock would be release soon, xmas & new year had passed,but whats so disappointing is we dont get much updates or info bout the unlock.Time to move on indeed.
    Sell it, pay a bit more money and get a factory unlocked. Don't have to worry about being locked.

yup thats the best thing to do. Im here in philippines what i did is i bought new ip4 from globe telecom,its the official carrier network here then im trying to send the other one back to my aunt in U.S. so it can be use d with at&t.

So as of now to unlock a Limerain jailbroken 3GS on 4.1 with the 05.14.02 BB is to download Redsnow and update the BB to the iPad BB ? Do I also need to download any firmware or will just Redsnow do ?
    Are there any issues with this ?
    I dont have wifi anymore how do I unlock it ? Can I use the cable connected to the PC to do it ?

Can anyone please post a brief list of steps on how to proceed. While Im not a complete noob I do not want to screw up my phone either.
    Last edited by Mortisnp; 2011-01-13 at 03:07 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Yes, iPad baseband is the only way for you right now. You would need the 4.1 firmware for your device to point to redsnow 0.9.6rc8. You can download ultrasnow manually and put it in the cydia autoinstall folder with a usb file explorer program if you dont have wifi.

Thanks for that. Just the standard 4.1 firmware right ? And what about those files people keep mentioning to backup ? By USB file explorer program you mean Just the normal Windows explorer right ?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Ya, just the normal firmware. Not windows explorer. Something like iphonebrowser or ifunbox.

Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast