Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.1 Unlock Updates

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by putaw View Post
    u can use greenpoison to jailbreak 4.1
    Yes, or Limera1n, Pwnage, or RedSn0w, but we're already jailbroken in this thread. We need the unlock now.

Quote Originally Posted by deemyboy View Post
    True.
    That's kind of what I said in brackets.

BUT...(and there's always a "but")
    ... It just seemed like such a coincidence that the 7th was mentioned and here I am checking and it said not today but try again tomorrow. Just made it sound CLOSE!
    and I'm like a few other thousand guys and gals who want to get it "unlocked" so we can start using our other sims.
    (esp. me as I'm in Egypt using 2 devices (just in case you haven't read any of my other posts) carrying around 2 devices - well not really (which is the sad bit) because i'm the type of guy who would lose one (I know this because the amount of times I've felt my pocket and thought "great - I've got my phone - let's go!" and it's turned out be my wallet or a wad of papers or pack of tissues or something else chunky (anyone else...or is it just me?))-
    which means I can only use my (lovely) iPhone in the appartment, and not out and about like i think you're supposed to with a mobile, right? (lol anyone?)

So anyway, looking forward to the day when I can go down to the mall and sell the 2nd ol' brick (shouldn't knock it really cos it was great when I first got it) and have all my Quran and other things with me.

Waffling on a bit here.

To cut a long story short, looking forward to unlocking 05.14.02

Thanks

Oh, and another th....

Just kidding!

i can understand ur situtaion very well.. coz am also in the same state for more than a month..holding my new iphone4 with 02.10.04 baseband here in India.. ..lets hope for the best.. i just explained wht that message meant.. cheers bro..

True.
    That's kind of what I said in brackets.

BUT...(and there's always a "but")
    ... It just seemed like such a coincidence that the 7th was mentioned and here I am checking and it said not today but try again tomorrow. Just made it sound CLOSE!
    and I'm like a few other thousand guys and gals who want to get it "unlocked" so we can start using our other sims.
    (esp. me as I'm in Egypt using 2 devices (just in case you haven't read any of my other posts) carrying around 2 devices - well not really (which is the sad bit) because i'm the type of guy who would lose one (I know this because the amount of times I've felt my pocket and thought "great - I've got my phone - let's go!" and it's turned out be my wallet or a wad of papers or pack of tissues or something else chunky (anyone else...or is it just me?))-
    which means I can only use my (lovely) iPhone in the appartment, and not out and about like i think you're supposed to with a mobile, right? (lol anyone?)

So anyway, looking forward to the day when I can go down to the mall and sell the 2nd ol' brick (shouldn't knock it really cos it was great when I first got it) and have all my Quran and other things with me.

Waffling on a bit here.

To cut a long story short, looking forward to unlocking 05.14.02

Thanks

Oh, and another th....

Just kidding!
    Yo sherif hashim lives in cairo pay him a visit and share the unlock lmao.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by slayoxus View Post
    Yo sherif hashim lives in cairo pay him a visit and share the unlock lmao.
    lol lol lol

if i find this guy i'm going to do a "luke skywalker" and like, become his apprentice or something!

LOVL

just chucking in my 50p's worth

just to see if 4.2 was out i pugged my iphone into itunes and it said this

your iphone software is up to date. itunes will automatically check for an update on (AND THIS IS THE CRUCIAL BIT) 08/11/10.

am i right in thinking that normally itunes says a week or sometimes 2!!!

so is that A BIG HINT that 4.2 is coming out soon???!?!?

(if i think about it, this could all be a coincidence because itunes might have said that date a week ago when i last hooked-up my iphone but i didn't check to see what date it had said then so can't be sure)

and another 50p's worth

just checked with itunes for 4.2 and it said itunes will try again on the 15.11.10 which kind of blows my ABOVE "4.2 is CLOSE" theory OUT OF THE WATER, and on to dry land with only gills to breathe!!!

BUT... (and there's always a but)

i am not saying that 4.2 won't be out until 15.11.10 either just because itunes gives that date because it could just be running an algorithm giving a date automatically, right?

so in other words forget everything i've ever said probably

Last edited by deemyboy; 2010-11-09 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Damn, hopefully not true. I'm stuck on 4.1 and need an unlock!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

The date that itunes gives to check if there is a software update has nothing to do with the actual date it will come out.

So then does the 4.1 unlock come out a few days after 4.2 is relesed or how does that work?

Thanks

The unlock should be for both 4.1 and 4.2 and should be out a few days after 4.2 comes out. It is probably safer to stay on 4.1 though since there is no guarantee a 4.2 jailbreak will be out that quickly. Make sure to save your 4.1 SHSH with tiny umbrella if you havent done so already.

Yeah when I open my cydia at the top is says SHSH 4.1 and thats it. Is that correct? And is there somewere I can look to find out what that "SHSH" means?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

raceking777 (2010-11-09)

Thanks. Is there any reason since when I bought my iPhone it was already unlocked on 3.1.3, that there is no SHSH saved for that or any earlier ones?

Thanks

You would have had to have saved your SHSH for 3.1.3 when 3.1.3 was the current firmware. If you read that link it will tell you all about SHSH.

Looks like 4.2 may be coming out friday: http://www.tuaw.com/2010/11/09/ios-4...launch-friday/

If thats the case Sunday may be a funday again.

I have an iPhone 3G that's jailbroken and running iOS 4.1 with the 05.14.02 baseband... Someone said something about unlocking with pwnage tool... Would that work for me? And if so what do I have to do? Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobdigi View Post
    I have an iPhone 3G that's jailbroken and running iOS 4.1 with the 05.14.02 baseband... Someone said something about unlocking with pwnage tool... Would that work for me? And if so what do I have to do? Thanks.
    No there is nothing you can do to unlock right now, you should not have to wait long for a new unlock though.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

bobdigi (2010-11-10)

10.1 itunes should be released at 10 PST accprding to an inside source in apple. On friday we should see OS 4.2 and unlock in the weekend!

I'm assuming, once we save our SHSHs using TinyUmbrella or Cydia, that we can use the new version of UltraSn0w next week to upgrade to 4.2, retain our current baseband (for me: 05.14.02), and unlock? Or was that another tool to upgrade while retaining baseband?

I will definitely be moving carefully once the new firmware hits - don't upgrade via iTunes, folks!

MB

Thanks

Tiny umbrella can preserve baseband for iphone 4 only
    pwnage tool does it for all devices.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

MartiniBoy (2010-11-10)

So you should expect unlock for 5.14.02 no later than this Sunday. As for me with 2.10.04 on iPhone 4 it a may take a bit longer, but according to the iPhone_dev sherif hashim has to explore some very promising tests that should turn out positive and such...anyway anyone else have a prediction on when 2.10.04 unlock will come out???

Thanks

Probably a week or two after the 3G/3GS unlock comes out if I had to guess.

Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast