Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.1 Unlock Updates

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

You can do it on 4.1. No need to go to 4.2.1 if you dont want to.

is it true the Dev-Team was sold to apple?
    Buggati Major On That Kush!

Quote Originally Posted by esiickz View Post
    is it true the Dev-Team was sold to apple?
    FUUUUNNYYY. man have some rest. you are giving too much pressure on your brain.

Quote Originally Posted by dying4004 View Post
    Lol thats when you know you have been staring too much at your iPhone or iTouch device's screen lol

Quote Originally Posted by MaudmyiPhone View Post
    Lol thats when you know you have been staring too much at your iPhone or iTouch device's screen lol
    I need help guys I have 4 Gen iPod 4.1 firmware. I know how to jailbreak but I really the new mobile jailbreaks. I found one but you need to pay for it. Any suggestions on where to find a free one?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fangy444 View Post
    I need help guys I have 4 Gen iPod 4.1 firmware. I know how to jailbreak but I really the new mobile jailbreaks. I found one but you need to pay for it. Any suggestions on where to find a free one?
    all jailbreaks are free look here Dev-Team Blog in the Thanksgiving with Apple post

Quote Originally Posted by dying4004 View Post
    no really im serious i heard something about them releasing the unlock after At&T gets the agreed sales.
    Buggati Major On That Kush!

no really im serious i heard something about them releasing the unlock after At&T gets the agreed sales.
    nah brother. i dont think its true. i believe these guys are made of different materials and they are not going to be sold.

wow,u really heard something like that ? And u believed it.....U really do need to destress your brain man...... Take a vacation, lol, when u come back u can enjoy the unlock

Default Untethered?
    Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    You can do it on 4.1. No need to go to 4.2.1 if you dont want to.
    Would this then be an untethered 3GS jailbreak? Or tethered? (Using Redsn0w to go to 6.15.00 BB and using 4.1 ISPW file)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

4.1 is untethered for all. 4.2.1 is untethered for old bootroms.

ok, so last question. If I'm already jailbroken on 4.1, when I run redsnow, do I check install cydia (and ipad BB)? ie does it mess up if cydia is already installed? Or should I not check the cydia box?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

If you just want to update your baseband and cydia is already installed then just choose the baseband box.

Green Apple
    Thanks

A little bit of hope I guess... Seems like he WILL release unlock after 4.2.1 untethered and looks like untethered be almost ready..

"RaWfOdOg90 Khrizjmt
    @sherif_hashim plz tell me this is fake ? iPhone 4 – 2.10.04 (and others) unlock… ippphone blog Twitter for iPhone • 1/4/11 8:49 PM

@sherif_hashim
    sherif hashim
    @RaWfOdOg90 roles are mixed up, faulty and funny, untethered 4.2.1 isn't a joke sherif hashim - @redsn0w_testers public beta untethered 4.2.1 - TwitVid , unlock follows when ready "
    Last edited by Dragon2011; 2011-01-06 at 08:40 PM.

I'm honestly not trying to troll here, but if you're really so sick of waiting for an unlock - just sell your darned iPhone and buy an iPod Touch and a decent Android phone. Yeah, you won't be part of the "in" crowd anymore, but you'll have a phone that's so similar in operation it gets Steve Jobs's pants in a wad. And it will do Flash. And make WiFi for your iPad/iPod/Netbook/etc. And probably make reliable phone calls, too. And, if you do get an iPod Touch, you'll still have access to the majority of the things about the iPhone that don't suck - apps and games.

Or just keep nagging the Dev Team for their unlock, that's a good solution too. Whatever works.

Green Apple
    Thanks

could it be that Geohot will release untethered jb and unlock at the same time?! Rubysn0w Unlock from Geohot for iPhone 4 (2.10.04 & 3.10.01) ?

i think geohot would not release his own jb/unlock, he's busy hacking the ps3, and i think his ip4 is unlock already, he would not release a new one for everyone, lets just wait for the devteam, i think its ready..

18. The Following User Says Thank You to giyang For This Useful Post:

bdax (2011-01-08)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

any news on untethered jb? Also thats true that unlock is ready? If so then why just dont relese it for 4.1 with 2.10.4? And if it is not shatter still could be used?

yeah ive been an iphone user since day one. . but with all this ******** i think its time to look into another type of phone. . lately its been nothing but problems, lockups and been more about what it cant do then ewhat it can do ..

if ur not a computer genius with 10 free hours a day the iphone just isnt worth it .. shame because it has sooo much potential and completely steers away from what an apple has always been :easy to use and user friendly. . still love my macbook, but the iphone has become a big fail IMO

I also think I'm gonna pass iPhone... I'll get me a sim free Desire HD

Development for the iphone is slow, and not worth it in this era when theres a new better phone model coming out every few months.

Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast