Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.1 Unlock Updates

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

You would either need to use a custom firmware or restore to 4.1, kick out of recovery and jailbreak again with redsn0w.

There is a thread about how to install cydia manually, I am not too familiar with it though.

Thank you!

I'm a bit worried about this. Changing the baseband is what got me in to this locked mess in the first place - and now we're supposed to go for an even higher baseband? And then use something for an ipad on my iphone?! (3g bb 5.14.02)

Also, throwing a new ipsw on there will delete all the apps and music and everything on my phone, won't it? Is there a way to backup my iphone without using itunes to sync it? (I'm on Mac.) I have iPhone Explorer - can I use that to back up my apps?

I'm already jailbroken, do I seriously need to do this again with the ipsw just for the unlock?

Thanks

You can use the redsn0w method to update the baseband. No restore should be needed for that depending on what you are jailbroken with now.

Quote Originally Posted by raceking777 View Post
    Is there a way to maybe delete cydia, and then re install it jailbreak and unlock it over again/ or would I have to install a custom 4.1 to do this
    Whoa wait.....dont dont delete cydia!!!!!!! That will be your biggest mistake i did that on my 3g and it screwed everything up!!! If you do that your cydia cache will think you have no packages and if you try to install it will fail since it cant overwrite!!! Dont delete cydia just get redsn0w untick cydia put flash baseband. It will fetch 6.15.00 and there you go. If you have cydia problems back up your cache and add it back again make sure you put it to ur pc/mac. Get ifile from cydia. Delete cydia. Install cydia. Go into ifile access wifi transfer and put the cache back in.......

If your phone has just been restored and you have no jailbroken apps or downloads such as 7-zip or mobile substate u can delete and reinstall with no hastle. Please be careful with the cache!

I just had thought on all this. Since the new BBs could not be downgraded or unlocked, prompting the iPad BB solution to use an existing exploit, could this be an eventual stepping stone method to restore phones back to an older iPhone BB.

Since this allows a complete change in BB couldn't it work in reverse once the newer iPhone BB is gone? Just an inquisitive thought.

So I deleted quick reply SMS and now everything is working fine! Not shutting off when I get a text. Man this new unlock is weird.

Thanks

Maybe it isnt the unlock that has the issue with irealsms. Were you using it before on the firmware you are on?

Ok guys this thread is all over the place and with people not always stating what model they are working with, I want to make sure I have this right before I do anything.

I am looking to unlock a 3g to sell. It is currently on iOS 4.1 JB, BB 5.14.02. I have heard 4.2 has performance upgrades for the 3g. So should I uprage to 4.2.1?

If not do I just need redsn0w 09.6b5, run and only select the iPad BB ugrade? And if I do upgrade to 4.2.1 I just JB with 9.6b5 making normal selections plus the iPad BB? If this is the case (I will be looking but) does anyone have a link for the official 4.2.1?

Thanks

Yes on a 3G you can just go to 4.2.1 and do the process. Here is a link to firmware: iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Hecs (2010-11-30)

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Yes on a 3G you can just go to 4.2.1 and do the process. Here is a link to firmware: iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download
    Thanks x98! You're always on top of things.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Hecs (2010-11-30)

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Maybe it isnt the unlock that has the issue with irealsms. Were you using it before on the firmware you are on?
    I had it installed but never got a chance to use it before the unlock. I never used it on the 3.1.3 that I had before.

Well everything is functioning great now, I can recieve and send both calls and texts.

The battery life kinda sucks though.

Thanks

I put a post up in the unlocking section about the battery life. Seems it isnt ultrasn0w causing it but the hacktivation process. Go check it out if you get a chance.

i have 2 3g iphones on 4.1fw that have been waiting on updated unlock. should i go ahead and unlock with ipad bb 6.15 or should i let them sit for a while longer?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

There are advantages to waiting. If you can, I woulf wait until the dust settles a bit more.

One issue dealing with hackivation/unusual battery drainage may be resolved shortly.
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-11-30 at 04:42 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

any new updates about unlock?

I need a unlock for 4.1 bb 05-14-02 I'll wait as long as needed

Quote Originally Posted by customworksking View Post
    I need a unlock for 4.1 bb 05-14-02 I'll wait as long as needed
    You have to update to6.15 if you want an unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by HayWire View Post
    You have to update to6.15 if you want an unlock.
    for now

Agree ^^^^ I'll tuff it out has geohot tried yet????

Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast