Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g and 3GS Jailbrake and Unlock

Default Iphone 3g and 3GS Jailbrake and Unlock
    Hi

Need people input so I don't mess it up

I have one 3g and one 3gs on version 2.1 and firmware .02.11.07

|What is the best way to upgrade so its unlockable and I'm on a pc

Thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by apehead1 View Post
    Hi

Need people input so I don't mess it up

I have one 3g and one 3gs on version 2.1 and firmware .02.11.07

|What is the best way to upgrade so its unlockable and I'm on a pc

Thank you so much
    You can upgrade the 3g to firmware 3.1.3 through itunes. The 3GS will require firmware signing and hence unless you have SHSH saved on cydia you need to use a custom IPSW to upgrade. WIth a PC your only option is a custom firmware with Snowbreeze to take it to 4.1 and not upgrade the baseband.

If you chose too you can also upgrade the 3G to 4.1 with Snowbreeze but you will find the 3g runs better on 3.1.3.

Go to Iclarify and look at the various tutorials for these options.

okay thank you are there directions anywhere how to use snowbreeze and what do i do to use unlock thank you

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Ultrasn0w to unlock both devices.

The 3G just shift+restore to a stock 3.1.3 ipsw, like ^ said, it runs better than 4.1 on a 3G.

The 3GS, you'll need to jailbreak it on the firmware it is on first. Then you'll use Sn0wbreeze to create a 4.1 custom firmware and shift+restore to it.

You can Google instructions. But it's pretty easy and straightforward. Just get Sn0wbreeze from ih8sn0w.com and follow the directions it gives you. You'll need a stock 4.1 ipsw you can get from felixbruns.de.

Edit: for the 3G you can use Redsn0w 0.9.4 to jb. Just download a stock 3.1.2 ipsw to use with Redsn0w after restoring to either 3.1.3 or 3.1.2. You'll need the 3.1.2 ipsw to use Redsn0w for either versions.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-10-26 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi I used snow breeze but now when i turn the phone on i get a picture of a snowflake I hook it up to ituens and says it can't be activated

help please

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You didn't select activate in Sn0wbreeze in expert mode. Build another custom firmware in expert mode and select activate, then restore to it again.

HI Okay i tried that and on one it worked but the other one keeps saying there is a problem with your iphone may be damaged and cannot be activated.

What am I doing wrong. These are my friends phone I've done it three times with no luck

what am I missing

thank you

HI

I tried a third time and this time it worked no idea why but it did.

Thank you

HI

I have jailbroken them both and used ultarsnow says it's unlocked but when I put in sim card phone says needs to activate may take some time and phone part doesnt' work I did use the option of unlock in snowbreeze please help

sorry corrections says waiting for activation may take some time
    Last edited by apehead1; 2010-10-27 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost