Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3gs on o2 uk network

Default iphone 3gs on o2 uk network
    Sir,
    I have iphone 3gs with new bootroom and latest software version which is 4.1. I am from Pakistan and i purchased it from market. Previously it was on 4.01 and it was unlocked through ultrasn0w. But recently i update it. Because i was thinking that it is factory unlocked... now my fone is locked and i just jealbrak it.
    Now i want to ask all of you and specially for those people which are living in uk and using o2 network, can they tell me that how can i do unlock it from o2 uk. Because it come from uk and i can activate it usinh o2 sim, but can't use local carrier sim.
    I here that o2 carrier can unlock it with a some fee like 25-35. If it is yes then how can i do it, can anybody help me in this regards ?
    I will be very appriciate.
    Thanks.
    Sorry for my broken english.

Thanks

Since it's not factory unlocked and you updated it to 4.1, the baseband has also been updated to 5.14.02. Currently 5.14.02 cannot be unlocked, unfortunately. The unlock for it should be available sometime after 4.2 is released, so until then, patience is required.

Quote Originally Posted by bestinn View Post
    Sir,
    I have iphone 3gs with new bootroom and latest software version which is 4.1. I am from Pakistan and i purchased it from market. Previously it was on 4.01 and it was unlocked through ultrasn0w. But recently i update it. Because i was thinking that it is factory unlocked... now my fone is locked and i just jealbrak it.
    Now i want to ask all of you and specially for those people which are living in uk and using o2 network, can they tell me that how can i do unlock it from o2 uk. Because it come from uk and i can activate it usinh o2 sim, but can't use local carrier sim.
    I here that o2 carrier can unlock it with a some fee like 25-35. If it is yes then how can i do it, can anybody help me in this regards ?
    I will be very appriciate.
    Thanks.
    Sorry for my broken english.
    O2 can unlock it if it is an original o2 phone. However, the procedure they use would not work for you. If the phone is an o2 pay and go you have to fill out a form on line and have enough credit on the pay and go sim for them to deduct sterling 15. Then they will send you a text message when the phone is unlocked and you plug it into itunes to complete the process. You can do none of that from Pakistan.

Have some patience an unlock will be out for your baseband in November sometime.