Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need to unlock but just updated.

Default Need to unlock but just updated.
    Hello,
    Got my iPhone 3G 8GB yesterday.. had no idea about unlocking etc and thought anything was possible. I thought i'd update my iPhone to the latest version before I took it into the shop to get unlocked. Once I got there he told me there is no way yet of unlocking this version im on t-mobile and really want to get this iPhone in use!

Whats my options?

You have no options except use your phone as a ipod touch. I'm in the same situation with my 3gs. We have to wait for the dev team to unlock the newest baseband, and they supposedly plan to do it after the release of 4.2 in november. So probably in the next 2-3 months.

Oh god you've got to be kidding me! 2-3 months? bloody hell... Is there no way of downgrading?

Sorry but you can't. I myself am waiting also to unlock my 3GS monster_monkey is waiting to unlock his and I'm gonna guess that more than 1000 more are waiting to unlock theirs. Sorry for any of the trouble you may have.
    Last edited by Arabprince; 2010-10-23 at 04:24 PM.

Zip it mate. I was just saying that its a shame I'll have to wait. How that means the world revolves around me I don't know..

Quote Originally Posted by DFCAnth View Post
    Zip it mate. I was just saying that its a shame I'll have to wait. How that means the world revolves around me I don't know..
    Yeah I thought his response was a bit much.

I think what he means is that you shouldn't complain a lot of people have to wait. Just like me we all have to. I know it stinks but when it comes out you'll be happy. I know never again to update just to update.

Solved the problem anyway guys... The name of the T-Mobile contract was under my mothers name as I wasn't 18 when I opened it. That contract is due a new phone next month, she was after a new phone but shes only on a month to month contract. So she's taking over this one and im opening my own contract with 02.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You couldve jb it at least and downloaded Fuzzyband to see if it will downgrade the baseband. Some 3G devices (the ones with bootloader 5.08) can downgrade baseband and unlock.

How do I jailbreak it?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 or Sn0wbreeze 2.0.2

Go to Settings...general....about...look right at bottom...if it says 05.14.02 their is ...nothing.. you can do but wait...like all of us

Quote Originally Posted by fogducker View Post
    Go to Settings...general....about...look right at bottom...if it says 05.14.02 their is ...nothing.. you can do but wait...like all of us
    I think you'll find Annie knows a little bit more about this that you may think. She's given good advice on what someone can try to do to unlock a 3G with 05.14.02.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

i.Annie (2010-10-24)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post
    I think you'll find Annie knows a little bit more about this that you may think. She's given good advice on what someone can try to do to unlock a 3G with 05.14.02.
    thank you! Lol. Wonder if OP got to jailbreaking and trying out Fuzzyband. I actually got one lucky user with a 3G who had BL 5.08 and downgraded the baseband. It's just unfortunate not a lot of 3G phones have it.

I was trying to help someone out with fuzzyband but when they tried ultrasnow it still wasn't unlocked even though the baseband downgraded. Waiting for new Snowbreeze now as they can't get redsnow to work. Might be a hardware issue.

OP, let us know how you get on!

I think ive tried everything to unlock including fuzzyband, but it, won't recognise that BBand....i think FBand worked a few months ago but not since the last upgrade.
    I noticed someone wanted to jailbrake anyway....why......when the fix comes out it will do both and the less you play with it,less chance of getting more problems. Gotta wait.

Fuzzyband is right up to date, but it only works on a limited number of early 3G phones.

You will still to jailbreak prior to unlocking when the new unlock comes out.

But if the fix is like Blackrain it will do both so why play with it,unless your the type that has too,then when it messes up you will be back here looking for cure. The average person doesn't even know not to upgrade.LOL

Blackrain didn't unlock you needed to use blacksnow afterwards. The next unlock will be the same no doubt.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Humm I'm not sure what you mean but Blackra1n doesn't fix anything in regards to unlocking...