Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What did I do? Nooooo!!!!!!

Default What did I do? Nooooo!!!!!!
    So yesterday I was feeling froggish so I leaped out and tried to change the back housing of my wifes 3G.

I think everything went smoothly until the end when I went to turn the phone on....Here we go...

1. When I plug the phone in it works fine. As long as it is plugged in it will work like it is suppose to.

As soon as I unplug it and it goes to "sleep" it will start turning on and off on its own. But as soon as I plug it back in, it will start working again. Also, the power button does not work like it did before I replaced the back housing.

Please give me any help that you can. Thanks in advance and will thank on the posts.

Well since all the ribbon connectors are pressure try taking it off and make sure they are all connected properly and you have all the screws down tight.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lineskis For This Useful Post:

iBeast24/7 (2010-10-22)

Ima try that right now thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

How much did you pay for the 3g iphone ?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

iBeast24/7 (2010-10-22)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Sounds like a flex cable issue. Google and MMi are your friends. Search for more info.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

iBeast24/7 (2010-10-22)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Make sure the bottom part, where I believe "4" is, is lodged in correctly and the 4 ribbon is connected properly. Also make sure the battery is connected properly to the mainboard (what number is that again? I think 5?) If even securing the ribbons and it still doesn't work, you mightve damaged a flex cable.

I had to reconnect a couple of ribbons cuz they weren't securely on there and my screen wouldn't react to touch. Reconnecting securely and properly did the trick.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

iBeast24/7 (2010-10-22)

Quote Originally Posted by lineskis View Post
    Well since all the ribbon connectors are pressure try taking it off and make sure they are all connected properly and you have all the screws down tight.
    I went back and took off every little screw and put it back together and kazaam it worked to perfection. Thanks buddy! My wife and I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    How much did you pay for the 3g iphone ?
    I paid 130 for it 16gb. 20 bucks for that back cover. Looks like new now. Thanks for all your help Yeow.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Make sure the bottom part, where I believe "4" is, is lodged in correctly and the 4 ribbon is connected properly. Also make sure the battery is connected properly to the mainboard (what number is that again? I think 5?) If even securing the ribbons and it still doesn't work, you mightve damaged a flex cable.

I had to reconnect a couple of ribbons cuz they weren't securely on there and my screen wouldn't react to touch. Reconnecting securely and properly did the trick.
    You were right as well and I made sure everything was secure properly. Thanks