Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Modem Firmware, No Bluetooth, IMEI, or ICCID!!!

Default No Modem Firmware, No Bluetooth, IMEI, or ICCID!!!
    So I bought this iPhone 3G at what I think is a good price but there was one problem.

There is no Modem Firmware showing at all! The Wifi is greyed out and says NO WIFI on the screen. The IMEI and ICCID also arnt showing at all. Bluetooth is also gone.

I have tried searching in different ways but everything that comes up for me are old threads and posts. The phone is on 3.1.2.

I have tried doing numerous things to resolve this.
    1. Restore to 3.1.3 but did not work.
    2. Rejailbreaking but wont complete.
    3. Cydia is on the phone but cant get into it cause there is no wifi or internet on phone.

I really hope I didnt get screwed on this!!! Please help.

Try a custom firmware upgrade to 4.1

3. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

iBeast24/7 (2010-10-21)

How would I go about doing something like that? I can do a regular upgrade on iTunes. But wouldn't know how to do a custom one.

Pc use Snowbreeze, mac use Pwnagetool

Loads of instructions about.

Do you need to unlock the phone?
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-10-21 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

iBeast24/7 (2010-10-21)

Well the guy that sold it to me said it had been unlocked before. So im thinking it doesnt need it. But I would not want to lose it if it is since i have Tmobile now.

I will start looking for info on snowbreeze.

So I just tried to do the custom firmware upgrade and it did not work.

ERROR 1604. Is what came up. I will try again though.

Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by iBeast24/7; 2010-10-21 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Did you have the phone in dfu( not recovery)?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

iBeast24/7 (2010-10-21)

Hey can u help me unbrick my iphone 2g with firmware 3.1.2 firmware. The phone was previously locked with AT&T and I then jailbreaked it using blackra1n and then tried to unlock using bootneuter during which it got stuck and I had to reset the phone after which the phone has become unusable. there's no imei, no iccid, no modem firmware, no bluetooth and even no sound so that it cant be as a ipod touch even. It would be great if someone could help me. I can't even restore the phone no matter what i do. Pls help me!!!!!!

I did do the restore in recovery mode but once I get home i'll do it in DFU mode.

Thanks