Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS - Activation.

Default iPhone 3GS - Activation.
    Hello, I have a iPhone 3GS that was Jailbroken and unlocked using Jailbreakme (comex) - I just went to restore it back to 4.0 which I have done fine... But now when I put a SIM card in iTunes says "The SIM card inserted does not appear to be supported" in iTunes, and on my iPhone screen I have the connect to iTunes picture and slide for Emergency call.

When I did this for the very first time, I used this tutorial http://www.simonblog.com/2010/08/08/...one-jailbreak/ (the second bit when there is pictures on iPhoneExplorer) and it worked perfectly - This time when I went to do it iPhoneExplorer just crashes and I have to send a error report ( Picture - http://oi51.tinypic.com/2d8qnaf.jpg ) ... I have tried it on 2 computers and tried different file browers but can't seem to access the root folder...

Any help, thanks.

Can't get past plug into Emergency call/Sim not supported screens - Model is MC131X/A - 05.13.04 - Shall I use limera1n to JB it just so I can get it activated? My Baseband should stay the same? Then I can just use ultra snow... ?
    Last edited by YdnAK47; 2010-10-20 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Yes, Limera1n can hactivates and jailbreak 3gs 4.0.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

badius_salam (2010-10-22)

Thankyou very much for confirming!

For anyone else who had the same problem as me (stuck on emergency call, can't activate in iTunes because of unsupported SIM)

I restored to offical 4.0 firmware (saved SH) and used limera1n - this hacktivates (3GS - 4.0 - 5.13.04)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to YdnAK47 For This Useful Post:

badius_salam (2010-10-22)