Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help With JB/Unlock 3GS 4.0

Default Help With JB/Unlock 3GS 4.0
    Ok so what my question is: How do i first go about upgrading to 4.1, jailbreak and unlock safely. My iphone is currently JB/Unlocked using jailbreakme. Im having problems when answering phone calls so i want to see if an update fixes this. iPhones are so complicated and specific when updating and unlocking. I use TMobile service.

Model: MB
    Firmware:5.13.04
    Version:4.0
    iPhone 3gs
    ( I'll Be doing this via a Windows PC!!)

Step by step would be good, Youtube references whatever. Thanks in advance!

Currently you will only be able to get to 4.1 unlocked with custom firmware. Since you using a PC the tool is sn0wbreeze.

go to ih8sn0w.com for the program and instruction.

You can only use custom firmware on old bootrom 3GS phones. Check out this link to check your bootrom:

How to Check iPhone 3GS New Bootrom / Old Bootrom (iBoot) Version | Redmond Pie

If it turns out that you are old bootrom then before you can use the custom firmware you will need to run a program on your iphone called jbme2pwn, add repo.woowiz.net in cydia sources then search for jbme2pwn and install that.

REPEAT: ONLY FOR OLD BOOTROM

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Yup just do what Westonben said. But as a word of warning, don't in desperation try to install jbme2pwn if it's a new bootrom phone. You can almost definitely brick your phone this way. Make sure it's an old boot or else...

Ok thanks for the reply guys. I do indeed have the old bootrom! yay! ok so i downloaded 4.1 firmware. Ive downloaded snowbreeze 2.0.2. after checking for my bootrom i kicked my phone out of dfu mode and opened up cydia and my SHSH blobs werent saved...well i knew this cause it didnt say at the top of cydia when i opened it. is this a problem? im not thinking so.

So correct me if im wrong. put the address in cydia as you explained and I open up snowbreeze, create a custom firmware, open itunes and restore using the custom firmware then im done?

Ok when i opened up cydia and went to sources, i added repo.woowiz.net and tried to install jbme2pwn but said 404 not found error "http:/1.1 404 Not Found" whats wrong?
    Last edited by J0ej0e; 2010-10-19 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You get the error in Cydia during the installation? Is it a pop up sort of error?

The iwoowiz repo is down so you won't be able to do this procedure until it's back up.

Looks like new pwnagetool will be out today so just hang fire for now.