Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help!!!

Default Please Help!!!
    Ok I had no problem jailbreaking and unlocking my 3GS. But a friend of my wife gave her an old iPhone and I can't seem to get it unlocked to use with tmobile. It's an iPhone 2g on 3.1.2 fw and 04.05.04 baseband. I have tried redsn0w, sn0wbreeze, and jailbreakme.com with bootneuter and none if them seem to unlock and jailbreak it right. I also am using iTunes 10. If someone could please help give me the right software and everything to get it done I would really appreciate it I've tried everything it seems.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Hit upgrade in iTunes to get the phone to 3.1.3. Use Redsn0w 0.9.4 (with a 3.1.2 ipsw). Insert the 3.9 and 4.6 bootloader files. Select "Cydia" and "Unlock". Then follow the rest of the instructions.

I just did this 2 months ago with a 2G I sold. The unlock worked right away when the jb finished. Here's an illustrated guide:

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Windows)

I've tried that several times and when I go to put it in dfu mode like it says it either gets stuck on waiting to reboot then I run it again and it goes to a blank black screen or just goes straight to it and stays there for about 10 minutes then reboots and it didn't do anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Put iphone into recovery mode and restore to 3.1.3 and try again. Redsn0w0.9.4 should work but point to 3.1.2 ipsw.

Ok I've tried again redsn0w says it's done but I'm pretty sure there is a little download picture that's supposed to be on my iPhone and it's not there, it's just a blank black screen and if I let it just sit there it eventually reboots and nothing is done. It's up graded to 3.1.3 an I point to the 3.1.2 fw and put in the 3.9 and 4.6 bootloaders but I can't figure out why it's not working?!?!?!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

What machine are you running Redsn0w on?

Also im not sure if it's activated because the sim card that came in it isn't an active card. When I go to phone and contacts it shows the phones old number but the phone has no signal not sure if that has anything to do with it. I read somewhere I can get a phonebook sim card from radio shack and that will activate it. I lost right now I've never had a problem jailbreaking any iPhone or itouch but this is driving me crazy!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Rub redsn0w 0.9.4 check marfk on Cydia& unlocked. Don't check already pwn

I tried it both ways with it checked and not checked

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Have you tried on another computer?

If Redsn0w isn't going right, restore the phone to 3.1.2 and try Blackra1n. See if it will jailbreak with Blackra1n and manually install BootNeuter through Cydia.

Ok guys thanks for the help but I just wouldn't work so I found some guy with some Russian program and he got it done for me. Now I can get my wife off my *** about it!!!!