Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Unlock Iphone 3g ios 4.01

Unhappy How to Unlock Iphone 3g ios 4.01
    I had a jb iphone running smoothly.. when there was an update for the ios, i just accidentally updated my ios.. Now my iphone is in " Connect to iTunes screen" i have tried Redsnow but it does not unlock my phone.. Even Ultrasnow does not seem to work.. What to Do Now ? PLs Help me

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Are you on 4.0.1 or 4.1? Huge difference...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

dominicyuvan (2010-10-18)

im on ios 4.1 updated on September 8 or something.. Pls Help me

Your phone is locked waiting for activation. You've got a number of hurdles.

Start by getting redsnow to work. It will activate your phone and jailbreak it 4.1.

Once done, you need to hope that you have the old bootloader and that fuzzyband will downgrade your baseband. Just go into cydia and try to run fuzzyband. If that all goes to plan then ultrasnow will unlock it for you.

If you don't tell us what redsnow did to not work then we've no chance of helping you out with that.

How i can unlock my iphone 3G with basebankd 05.14.02

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by konami0805 View Post
    How i can unlock my iphone 3G with basebankd 05.14.02
    You do what Westonben said. If Fuzzyband doesn't work, you can't unlock.

i tried Redsnow it completd the process,, but still i get the connect to itunes screen...im not able to access the phone yet

Was there options for hacktivation you missed?

I try to jailbreak my 3gs/16 recently, and am having a hard time downloading the ipsw file. its not like it use to be, they are all zip and got a bunches of crap in it that I dont understand. how can I download those good old restore ispw file? help anyone. as for your 3g. you can go to the guide section, and look for jailbreak unlock 3g/3gs it will tell you to download redsn0w0.9.5b5 along with the 4.0 or 4.1 firmware ispw restore file. after just run the redsn0w and choose the restore firmware file you just down load, then at the end there will be an error msg. hit ok, and run tiny umbrella to kick it out of recovery, it will reboot your iphone and install cydia on it. your iphone is now jailbroken. good luck

You probably just need to change the file extension from zip to Ipsw. Windows seems to change it automatically.

download safari then use it to download your firware after that you don't have to change your extension.

Default thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by glacius7 View Post
    download safari then use it to download your firware after that you don't have to change your extension.
    i will try this method 1st and see how it goes, as for my damn laptop, i dont know y it didnt change the file, i right clock click it and check it says, opne wit itunes and its an itunes music file instead.