Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Brand New 3g 4.1 baseband 5.14.02

Default Brand New 3g 4.1 baseband 5.14.02
    Recently came into possesion of a brand new 3g. It has never been jailbroken or unlocked. It is currently on 4.1, with the 5.14.02 baseband. Being that i don't have ssh or terminal on it i can't check the bootloader. forgive me if this is a dumb question, but am i able to unlock the phone in it's current state or downgrade and unlock the phone? I'm currently at work so I can't check the phone, however i believe f0recast may allow me to determine the bootloader. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Someone else would need to confirm this, but I'm almost certain with that baseband the answer is no. They've said with the release of 4.2 that an unlock would be ready by then, but you never know

First get redsn0w and jailbreak it and then in cydia get fuzzyband and this will tell you if you can downgrade and then if you can you can unlock easy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MalayZN For This Useful Post:

x7an (2010-10-14)

Thanks

Hmm, you might be able to try f0recast (google it) and see if it works without being jailbroken; It will tell you your bootloader there.

If you don't have 5.8, you're out of luck as there is currently no way to unlock 5.14.02. You'll have to wait until 4.2 is released, for that is when the next unlock will most likely be released.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dotFIVE For This Useful Post:

x7an (2010-10-14)

thanks to all for your replies.

^^dotFIVE, i'm going to check out f0recast as soon as i get home.

You can only jailbreak right now with that firmware and baseband. Unlock should be sometime around nov. 10th for 4.1 and 4.2 basebands.