Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone retarded please help!!

Unhappy iphone retarded please help!!
    ok im sorry if i sound dumb about this, this is my first time doing something like this.

small background, i originally wasnt planning on doing this myself but every person that told me they could do it bailed out on me so im forced to venture forth into the world of the unknown

im trying to get this iphone 3g that i picked up from my friend to work on tmobile

i attempted to jb and hack it using redsnow but i cant get the phone to activate and it will only do emergency calls nothing more

can someone please tell me how to do this correctly, or guide me to the proper software to get because im clueless and getting desperate

thanks a ton,

Dave

and im sorry if this has been posted before

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Welcome to MMi
    What firmware are you on?
    Follow this link, you'll find all that you need or you could use our "Guides" section, plenty of info.

thanks lol

i dont know because i havent been able to activate it to look, i got it to go through once when i used my friends sim card(who actually has an iphone on at&t) and the phone auto updated to the latest software when it hooked onto itunes but since then it reverted back to being unactivated

and on top of that the new thing its doing is it wont fully shut off, if i hold the power button and slide the slider off, the screen will go to the little loading ball, freeze and then turn back on

Hit me up on aim messenger, I have an iphone 3g unlocked on tmobile. easy peezy
    sn = tombombman

If you are on a low enough firmware you can also jailbreak without going through any 3rd party apps and from emergency call screen.
    jailbreakme.com ftw
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elIy9yxXagE[/ame]
    Last edited by tombombman; 2010-10-14 at 03:45 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

You'll have to get the phone in DFU mode, restore and re-jailbreak. You can use any AT&T sim card or GoPhone card to activate the phone, even an inactive (old) AT&T sim card will work too if needed.