Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked iphone 3gs help!

Default Unlocked iphone 3gs help!
    So I jailbroke my iphone 3gs using limera1n and then unlocked it using Ultrasn0w. I then put my tmobile sim card in and although its picked up the network and carrier I cant ring or message anyone. Im using version 4.0.2 if it matters. Any ideas to fix this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

if u have shsh blob saved for 4.1, use tiny umbrella to upgrade (while preserving the baseband) and then jb using greenpois0n?

idk if this will work, but it seems like it falls into same issue other limera1n users had.
    DROID does... iPhone does it harder, better, faster, stronger

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

do I need to install cydia to my iphone, if so how do I do that.

Do not update to 4.1 if you require an unlock!! There is no way to preserve your baseband other than using custom firmware.

iunno, what is the baseband of your phone? Look under settings>about>modem firmware

kava, how do we know if you need to install cydia? What are you trying to do?

If you require an unlock, then you first need to be jailbroken. To install ultrasn0w you will need cydia on your phone.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

kava (2010-10-14)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post
    Do not update to 4.1 if you require an unlock!! There is no way to preserve your baseband other than using custom firmware.

iunno, what is the baseband of your phone? Look under settings>about>modem firmware

kava, how do we know if you need to install cydia? What are you trying to do?

If you require an unlock, then you first need to be jailbroken. To install ultrasn0w you will need cydia on your phone.
    ok, I am on ios 4.1 and on modem firmware 5.15.02. I know there is no unlocking yet, just wondering where to download cydia from. sorry all this is new to me.

Just follow the instructions for jailbreaking with limera1n or greenpois0n, you can install Cydia after the jailbreak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok so I have jailbroken with limera1n or appear to have done so. now whats next

Do you have the limerain icon? Hit that and install cydia.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah I have it on the phone, but its its a white blank box saying limera1n. when I click on it,it says check your internet connection.

Don't worry about the White icon, that will change later.

You do need a wifi connection to install Cydia though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

oh ok, if possible could you please give me a explanation on how to do that or direct me to a link. thank you for your help

You don't have wireless Internet at home or you don't know how to connect your iPhone to it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ah yes, I dont know how to connect my phone to it. I dont have wifi at my place, but my brother does.

Looks like a visit to your brothers place then!!!

My iphones baseband is 5.13.04 the thing is that it recongnizes the sim in the fact that it gets normal signal and displays tmobile next to the signal bars but it wont let me call. If it helps when you try and call my number it tells you that this number isnt connected or is wrong.

Thanks

If u can't make calls or receive calls but it shows the phone has service, then your account is suspended

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol right you are, so how do I connect to his wifi please?

Thanks

on your phone go into settings and then wifi. turn wifi on. and then connect to a network.

My account as in what my sim? beacuse the sim works fine with my nokia 5800.

I have no problems with the 3gs at all using 4.0.1. look like you guys are having problems with 4.0.2 or something. why don't you try to do customize firmwares and start it from there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast