Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 firmware 4.1 baseband 1.59.00

Unhappy iPhone 4 firmware 4.1 baseband 1.59.00
    Hello, I am new here and I need some help.

I got an iPhone 4 32gb on firmware 4.1 with baseband 1.59.00

I recently jailbreak it with limera1n and unlock it with ultrasn0w but all I am getting is "no service"

After countless of times restoring and redoing all that stuff. I decided to use greenpois0n with ultrasn0w.

I did a lot of research and it seem like there's a lot of people out there are having the same issue.

Few info: I am trying to use it for t-mobile in the US.

I tried turning off 3G.
    I tried rebooting.
    Reinstall ultrasn0w.
    Turning on and off airplane mode.
    Resetting all network settings
    Remove sim and put it back in.

Still no luck.

Also, there is nothing wrong with my sim since it work perfectly on my friend's iphone4 and others phones. So I know I didn't cut it wrong.

I'm kind of desperate so if anyone got a tip for me would greatly appreciate it.

Regards,
    IDejaVu
    Last edited by IDejaVu; 2010-10-13 at 06:46 AM.

I'm on 4.01 unlocked. Sometimes i have to reboot or power off/on several times before i will get signal. Usually it'll just have like a little bar there and nothing else.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sammybaddy For This Useful Post:

IDejaVu (2010-10-15)

Yea I get that for a bit but no carrier name show then goes back into no service. I tried to reboot or power off/on countless of times.

Ty for the reply.

I have the same problem. I've tried everything. Iphone 4 4.1 with 1.59.00 baseband "no service." Restored as new, toggled all the on and off settings like you, reinstalled, etc. Nothing is working. This sucks

90% of the time this is because the SIM card is not placed right..did u cut the SIM urself or use a SIM cutter? Take out the tray and try to center it a little then see what happens

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Waleed786 For This Useful Post:

IDejaVu (2010-10-15)

Yes. Sim was cut but works Perfectly on my other iphone 4 16gb os 4.1 1.59.00

Also, the iphone4 with the issue can read my sim number and does show in the phone option. Does show in itunes when plug in as well.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

How long are you letting your phone sit to try and pick up signal? I recently unlocked my 3G to sell and upon inserting the buyer's t-mo SIM, it took about 10 minutes to pick up signal.

If that isn't the problem, I'm assuming you've restored already. Try changing your process of restore and jb. My iP4 wouldn't pick up any AT&T carrier or signal after limera1n. I just restored, and instead of using limera1n first, I activated the phone and restored from back up first then ran limera1n last. That fixed the signal/carrier issue. Of course, doing it this way requires having an official carrier's SIM to activate first. That's just how I got mine to work, dunno if it'll work for you or if you can get a hold of an AT&T SIM to activate.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

IDejaVu (2010-10-15)

I let it sat there for over a day and still no service. I tried the hacktivate way, the att activation way. Pretty much tried everything that i could.

I am begining to think its a hardware issue. But it seem like a bunch of others are having the same problem.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

The only way to verify it's a hardware issue is if you put in an active AT&T SIM and see if it picks up signal. Probably best to find an iPhone 4 user with an actual microSIM and not a self-cut SIM to try.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

IDejaVu (2010-10-15)

True.

However, the same tmobile sim work perfectly on another iphone 4 though.

I have my AT&T micro sim which I use and it works fine after the unlock. My vodafone micro sim was bought and not cut and I have the same problem as well "no service."

Hey buddy I have iPhone 4 running 4.1 baseband 1.59 now what I did was instead use limeshit I use greenpois0n and my phone works fine but the mms that's the only thing. So I suggest that redo all the process and use greenpoison. Hope that help

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jordanarath For This Useful Post:

IDejaVu (2010-10-15)

I have this problem too, someone help us!

you will have likely to place your sim correctly. why don't you try do adjust it to where it works. i had the same problem like you are having. i fixed by re-adjusting many times until it worked. try it!

Default no unlock yet
    there is no unlock for modem F 5.14.02 yet ultrasnow does not support it yet if you instal this on iphone 4.1 M.F 5.14.02
    you will get no service .uninstal it then reboot phone should work fine.