Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IMEI Help

Default IMEI Help
    Hi,

I will explain first. A while ago now I lost one of my phone (3g), reported it lost, had it replaced, sinse then I got the 3GS and now the iphone4. I recently moved house and in the move I came across th phone. I am not with the telco anymore that I had the 3G with, tried to call and explain and unfortunitly cold not explain to them I had found it nor could they bring any details up, they also had trouble understanding as they were in India and the language barrier was causing concern.

I have jailbroken it however I requested the IMEI number to be blocked years ago, they would not unblock it. How can I do this with a mac? I know there is option with a PC but i dont have one.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

I don't think you can change your iMei anymore on a 3g iphone.

It still had 3.1 on there so i am hoping - i travel a lot for work and the places I go do not have micro sims so I only want it to use while offshore.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

There is no way to change IMEI. Also since you reported it lost and they replaced it rightfully the insurance company owns it. Unless you didn't get a replacement instead bought yourself a replacement then I am not sure how to get it unblocked.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    There is no way to change IMEI. Also since you reported it lost and they replaced it rightfully the insurance company owns it. Unless you didn't get a replacement instead bought yourself a replacement then I am not sure how to get it unblocked.
    You are correct, I did try to get the details of their insurance company so i could contact them and make a deal however the cal centre could not understand what i was trying to do.

I am not tryingto do anything that is wrong and ave attempted to go down the right path. Well i guess an ipod touch it is then if this can not be fixed