Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Trying to help a friend

Default Trying to help a friend
    Ok, here is my situation. A friend of mine repairs phones, but he also buys used ones, and tries to resell them. Now, he has asked me to try to unlock a couple of 2gs, and I am completely hitting a brick wall... I have found a few threads, that have given me a few ideas, but nothing seems to work. When I try to jailbreak with redsn0w, i get that the ipsw isn't recognized, blackrain crashes, and I am on a pc, so, can't use pwnage tool... any suggestions on a method would be greatly appreciated. Oh, I don't have either of the original sim cards, so, I can't simply reactivate through itunes. I've restored the first one to 3.1.2. Is what I am trying to do possible, or ???

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

For 2g, you can use Redsn0w 0.9.4 to hactivate, jailbreak and unlock all in one operation.
    Restore to 3.1.3
    Download Redsn0w 0.9.4, download 3.1.2 ipsw and download BL 3.9 and BL 4.6
    Point to 3.1.2 when you are ask to browse to when running Redsn0w.
    Here is the guide:
    How to Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3 iPhone 2G Windows & OS X

well, like i said in the first post, when i try to jailbreak with redsn0w, i get a message saying the ipsw is not recognized, so, that means i can't do the method you mentioned. Still, I'll check out the guide, see if i'm missing something.