Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Issues with Limera1n? No SHSH anymore on Cydia?

Default Issues with Limera1n? No SHSH anymore on Cydia?
    3GS, 4.1, 5.14.02
    Our family has 4 3GS. All worked fine. I updated them all to 4.1. after Limera1n came out, used Limera1n and now neither of us can make any calls anymore. Why?
    When I wanted to go back to 4.0 I realized that Cydia does not show anymore which shsh blobs are on file.
    What is happening out there? I appreciate the work these people do (even though Geohot could say 'thank you' after donations) but there seems to be something wrong with Limera1n if 4 3GS stop working. In that case it should not yet have been offered.

Are the phones all factory unlocked already? You better hope so or you have just locked 4 3GS's for the foreseeable future!

If they are factory unlocked then restore to 4.1 again and try to jailbreak again with limera1n.

If they are locked to a carrier then you are in a world of pain, your problem is that your baseband 05.14.02 is unlockable and cannot be downgraded on the 3GS.

Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post
    Are the phones all factory unlocked already? You better hope so or you have just locked 4 3GS's for the foreseeable future!

If they are factory unlocked then restore to 4.1 again and try to jailbreak again with limera1n.

If they are locked to a carrier then you are in a world of pain, your problem is that your baseband 05.14.02 is unlockable and cannot be downgraded on the 3GS.
    Don't listen to him, he is just trying to drive paranoia into your mind. If you upgraded to 4.1, then your base-band is 5.14.02. Your stuck waiting for the ultrasn0w unlock, which at the moment is being worked on. Your only real option at this point is to use your SIM card with an old phone, which is what I am doing.

People like to say that the unlock on that baseband may never come out, but that is total ********. They read it on the dev team website & think that its the ultimate truth. Fact is the dev team will release the unlock, its just a matter of time before they find a way, besides whats the point of developing a jailbreak if you don't follow up with an unlock, am I right?

As for limera1n, it is still in beta & therefore buggy. I am using Beta 4 & it works great, I have my 4.1 shsh blobs stored BEFORE I jailbroke, in the event that I need to restore when 4.2 comes out (& probably have another base-band upgrade). You learned some valuable lessons about updating I.OS & baseband, so keep that in mind for the future. The waiting game can very easily test anyone's patience, I actually put my 3gs up for sale because the greenpois0n jailbreak did not support it, then out of nowhere limera1n showed up.

Hang tight.
    Last edited by philster; 2010-10-11 at 03:26 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to philster For This Useful Post:

Kraut55 (2010-10-11)

@philster
    Thanks for the info. I had been under the impression that limera1n would jailbreak/unlock 4.1 - period. I did not read anything about restrictions concerning 5.14.02. Anyway, I tried to go back to to an older version (4.0) but received an error 3014. Is that caused by 5.14.02 or is there a problem with Saurik's server?
    Well fortunately I still have my 2G so at least I can still make calls.
    Re shsh-blobs: I do have the info stored for all of our 3GS on Saurik's server. Unfortunately I do not remember which version for which phone. That's why I included the question concerning Cydia: Cydia used to display for which versions it had stored the shsh-files. When I start Cydia now there is no more information.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

tinyumbrella will check what shsh blobs are saved for each phone. 5.14.02 cannot be unlocked. yet. devteam is delaying greenpois0n because geohot just released limera1n. so unlock for 5.14.02 will be delayed that much more. 4.2 releases in november and DOES include a baseband update (according to apple). and HOPEFULLY greenpois0n and unlock 5.14.12 will be released soon after.
    DROID does... iPhone does it harder, better, faster, stronger

Does anyone know why the shsh notification is gone from cydia?

The SHSH notification system does not run when the servers Saurick uses for Cydia are under heavy load - ie at the moment when everyone is jailbreaking and redownloading all their apps.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

Quote Originally Posted by philster View Post
    Don't listen to him, he is just trying to drive paranoia into your mind. If you upgraded to 4.1, then your base-band is 5.14.02. Your stuck waiting for the ultrasn0w unlock, which at the moment is being worked on. Your only real option at this point is to use your SIM card with an old phone, which is what I am doing.

People like to say that the unlock on that baseband may never come out, but that is total ********. They read it on the dev team website & think that its the ultimate truth. Fact is the dev team will release the unlock, its just a matter of time before they find a way, besides whats the point of developing a jailbreak if you don't follow up with an unlock, am I right?

As for limera1n, it is still in beta & therefore buggy. I am using Beta 4 & it works great, I have my 4.1 shsh blobs stored BEFORE I jailbroke, in the event that I need to restore when 4.2 comes out (& probably have another base-band upgrade). You learned some valuable lessons about updating I.OS & baseband, so keep that in mind for the future. The waiting game can very easily test anyone's patience, I actually put my 3gs up for sale because the greenpois0n jailbreak did not support it, then out of nowhere limera1n showed up.

Hang tight.

Ha, don't listen to me? But I'm not the one who locked my phone!

I see there is progress on the new unlock, and a hint it will be out mid-November.