Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 3GS 4.02 to 4.1 baseband preserve

  1. #1
    Default 3GS 4.02 to 4.1 baseband preserve
    I have a non-jailbroken 3GS running on OS 4.02 and baseband 5.13.04. Is there anyway I can upgrade to 4.1 without having to upgrade the baseband? I want to unlock my phone after upgrading to 4.1.

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Yes, only if you have the old bootrom and you have to use custom firmware to preserve your baseband.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

    ricky06181993 (2010-10-12)

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Yes, only if you have the old bootrom and you have to use custom firmware to preserve your baseband.
    Could you elaborate?? Where can i get this custom FW? How should i install it?

  5. #4
    Do you really need to go to 4.1? I don't see how it's possible to do with custom firmware in your situation unless you can downgrade the firmware to 4.0.1 and jailbreak with jailbreakme first, then use jbme2pwn before using custom firmware.

    Search for a guide to check which version of the bootrom you've got.

    If I was you, I would stay on 4.0.2 and jailbreak with limera1n, and unlock with ultrasnow and wait on pwnagetool to be upgraded - shouldn't be too long.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

    ricky06181993 (2010-10-12)

  7. #5
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    189
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ricky06181993 View Post
    Could you elaborate?? Where can i get this custom FW? How should i install it?
    do a google search on how to check bootrom version

    if you have the new bootrom, custom firmware doesnt work

    use tinyumbrella to check if you have shsh blobs saved for 4.0.1, and downgrade if you do have 4.0.1 so you can use jailbreakme like westonben pointed out.
    Last edited by heyyyitsjordan; 2010-10-11 at 08:24 PM.
    DROID does... iPhone does it harder, better, faster, stronger

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to heyyyitsjordan For This Useful Post:

    ricky06181993 (2010-10-12)

  9. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyyitsjordan View Post
    do a google search on how to check bootrom version

    if you have the new bootrom, custom firmware doesnt work

    use tinyumbrella to check if you have shsh blobs saved for 4.0.1, and downgrade if you do have 4.0.1 so you can use jailbreakme like westonben pointed out.
    I am Currently on 4.0.1 jailbroken and unlocked, my BB is 5.13.04, my shsh is saved, and i have old bootrom. where do i go from here.
    Last edited by ricky06181993; 2010-10-12 at 02:46 AM.

  10. #7
    PwnageTool hasn't been updated for 4.1 yet.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to EricJD For This Useful Post:

    ricky06181993 (2010-10-12)

  12. #8
    I haven't tested this (I don't have a 3GS) but you could try this:
    http://www.gadgetsdna.com/jailbreak-...ws-guide/6230/
    Last edited by atm999; 2010-10-12 at 06:19 AM.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to atm999 For This Useful Post:

    ricky06181993 (2010-10-12)

  14. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by atm999 View Post
    I haven't tested this (I don't have a 3GS) but you could try this:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/unlocking-a...-preserve.html
    You just posted a link to THIS thread.

  15. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky06181993 View Post
    You just posted a link to THIS thread.
    I'm slow today. Try this: Jailbreak iOS 4.1 iPhone 3GS, 3G & iPod Touch 2G with Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 on Windows - [How To Guide] | Gadgets DNA

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to atm999 For This Useful Post:

    ricky06181993 (2010-10-12)

  17. #11
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Quebec City, QC
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Also, to clarify here with the experts, using TinyUmbrella's TSS server does NOT work to block baseband updates when updating to stock firmwares on iPhone 3GS's, right? The answer isn't exactly clear on this.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kumputer For This Useful Post:

    ricky06181993 (2010-10-12)

  19. #12
    Wink Humbled
    I think im going to stick with 4.0.1 and just wait for a legit 4.1 unlock. i will thank all that helped though.

  20. #13
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    189
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ricky06181993 View Post
    I am Currently on 4.0.1 jailbroken and unlocked, my BB is 5.13.04, my shsh is saved, and i have old bootrom. where do i go from here.
    how did you originally jb this?
    DROID does... iPhone does it harder, better, faster, stronger

  21. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyyitsjordan View Post
    how did you originally jb this?
    Jailbreakme

  22. #15
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    189
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    before you do all this backup your iphone in itunes. and remember to save your shsh blobs in tiny umbrella.

    download jbme2pwn from cydia. install. reboot.

    then download 4.1 firmware from Download iOS 4.1 for iPhone 4, 3GS and iPod touch [Developers Only] | Redmond Pie

    then use sn0wbreeze (for win) or pwnagetool (for mac) to create a custom firmware.

    Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3GS New Bootrom with Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 [Custom Firmware Windows] | Redmond Pie

    use this guide as a reference on how to create the custom firmware, but DO NOT USE SPIRIT2PWN.

    use that custom firmware to SHIFT+restore in itunes.

    if u use sn0wbreeze USE VERSION 2.0.2
    Last edited by heyyyitsjordan; 2010-10-12 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    DROID does... iPhone does it harder, better, faster, stronger

  23. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyyitsjordan View Post
    before you do all this backup your iphone in itunes. and remember to save your shsh blobs in tiny umbrella.

    download jbme2pwn from cydia. install. reboot.

    then download 4.1 firmware from Download iOS 4.1 for iPhone 4, 3GS and iPod touch [Developers Only] | Redmond Pie

    then use sn0wbreeze (for win) or pwnagetool (for mac) to create a custom firmware.

    Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3GS New Bootrom with Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 [Custom Firmware Windows] | Redmond Pie

    use this guide as a reference on how to create the custom firmware, but DO NOT USE SPIRIT2PWN.

    use that custom firmware to SHIFT+restore in itunes.

    if u use sn0wbreeze USE VERSION 2.0.2
    What tool would you recommend the most as i have access to both OSX and Windows.

  24. #17
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    189
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    i used sn0wbreeze 2 weeks ago and it worked perfectly.
    DROID does... iPhone does it harder, better, faster, stronger

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to heyyyitsjordan For This Useful Post:

    ricky06181993 (2010-10-12)

  26. #18
    do you know where else i can get JBme2pwn. woowiz repo seems to be down.

    looks like greenpois0n was released a couple minutes ago. i might give it a try.
    Last edited by ricky06181993; 2010-10-12 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  27. #19
    Greepoison only works on 4.1 and you'll have to update your baseband to an unlockable one in order to jailbreak.

    Wait for woowiz repo to come back online.

    Use snowbreeze rather than pwnagetool as pwnagetool is officially only updated for 4.0

    Snowbreeze can be buggy too though. I'm on it on 4.1 and it's running great though - I used "simple mode".
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-10-12 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  28. #20
    is sn0wbreez 2.0.1 works on iphone3Gs is it preserves baseband from update plzzzzzzz replay me plzzzzzzzzz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •