Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about possible iPhone4 4.1 unlock!?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Question about possible iPhone4 4.1 and 4.02 unlock!?
    If i have a locked and not jailbroken iphone 4 on 4.02. And i upgrade it to 4.1 while preserving the baseband. Will it be possible, after greenpoison jailbreaking 4.1, to unlock the phone using ultrasnow found in cydia??? It will have the baseband that is unlock-able while being 4.1. Or will it be possible to unlock iphone 4 on 4.02 after limera1n jailbreak??

My logic is saying it might be possible. Can anyone confirm or dispute this please.

ps. i don't know if i can upgrade the software to 4.1 while preserving the baseband if the phone is not jailbroken. Probably can
    Last edited by peravoj; 2010-10-09 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peravoj View Post
    If i have a locked and not jailbroken iphone 4 on 4.02. And i upgrade it to 4.1 while preserving the baseband. Will it be possible, after greenpoison jailbreaking 4.1, to unlock the phone using ultrasnow found in cydia??? It will have the baseband that is unlock-able while being 4.1. Or will it be possible to unlock iphone 4 on 4.02 after limera1n jailbreak??

My logic is saying it might be possible. Can anyone confirm or dispute this please.

ps. i don't know if i can upgrade the software to 4.1 while preserving the baseband if the phone is not jailbroken. Probably can
    If you maintain the baseband that you have presently with 4.0.2 then you will be able to unlock when a Jailbreak tool is available on either version 4.0.2 or 4.1 of the firmware. To upgrade to 4.1 and retain the old baseband on the IP4 you must use Tiny umbrella. You should research it first to be sure you know what you are doing to avoid problems

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

^ right. Run TU's TSS server during 4.1 shift+restore. I don't known if hitting "upgrade" will work, I always shift+restore with my own downloaded stock fw.

GP seems to be delayed bc of Limera1n. It is buggy for some devices but seems like iPhone 4 users are experiencing no problems. Use Limera1n at your own risk, or wait for GP for a few more days.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks guy's Bdw what is the situation with regular 4.1 unlock for people that got it preinstaled on their iphone 4. I know it's impossible now but are there any indications when will it be? A month or two maybe? Maybe after 4.2 update in November?

yes, I unlocked mine on 4.02 limera1n and ultrasn0w from cydia.