Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 2G unlocking for use with T-Mobile

Cool Iphone 2G unlocking for use with T-Mobile
    Hi All,

My friend gave me her old iPhone 2G with no SIM. I have a T-Mobile unlimited data package and want to try to unlock the iPhone to try it out. I have the latest version of Itunes and restored it to factory. It gave me errors on the back end because there was no SIM to activate. I've tried a bunch of different tools but am trying to now use iREB, it sticks on Waiting for iBSS. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a firmware revision I have to use? I have tried a few different ones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...

I jailbroke the phone via jailbreakme.com after using an AT&T SIM to get into the phone. I then used Bootneuter to unlock the phone. However I inserted a TMobile SIM, and it said, "Different SIM connected, Please connect to iTunes." What should I do?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by michaellindahl View Post
    I jailbroke the phone via jailbreakme.com after using an AT&T SIM to get into the phone. I then used Bootneuter to unlock the phone. However I inserted a TMobile SIM, and it said, "Different SIM connected, Please connect to iTunes." What should I do?
    You need to hacktivate it. Either restore and use redsn0w 0.9.4 to jailbreak and hacktivate, or you can try hacktivation patch under repo cydia.pushfix.info but not sure if that will work on a 2g or not.

Alright I used Pwnage Tool to create a firmware thing to restore from and it got to the stage where it auto opened Bootneuter and said that there is no need to alter the settings, it is already done. Does this mean that the phone is unlocked or do I need to do more. (I don't have the tMobile SIM on me)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

It means it is already unlocked. Once bootneuter is run once you never have to do it again, the iphone 2G will always be unlocked.