Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: please help if this is upgradable

Default please help if this is upgradable
    Hey guys! I know it's all somewhere on forum already, but I'm just lost in number of topics.
    Can someone please tell me if I'm okay with upgrading to 4.1 and i will be able to unlock / jb it?

3GS 32gb
    firmware 3.1.2 7D11 (unlocked and jb)
    week 29 (so it should be old bootrom)
    modem firmware 05.11.07

this is what i'm getting from forecast tool
    Last edited by frankazoid; 2010-10-08 at 03:22 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

DROID does... iPhone does it harder, better, faster, stronger

If you are old bootrom which you probably are you can use pwnage tool from dev team to create custom firmware to go to. Fw. 4.0 and retain old baseband for unlocking. New version of pwnage tool expected soon to take you to 4.1

thank you, guys!
    Pwnage didn't work for me, iphone was stuck on black screen with apple and was continuously rebooting. I've created custom fw with snowbreeze on windows virtual machine and the restore iphone on mac, works like magic. the only problem i've got is that i cannot restore my setting from a backup with the error:
    itunes cannot restore the iphone because the backup session failed
    i've tried to delete all backups, make it new iphone and then restore - nothing is working. when i'm trying to back it up i'm getting this:
    itunes could not backup the iphone because a session could not be started with the iphone
    can anyone help me with this please?

There are many issues with SB I do not recommend it. Wait for new tool limera1n on Monday.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

are you holding the shift button when you click restore??
    Last edited by heyyyitsjordan; 2010-10-11 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    DROID does... iPhone does it harder, better, faster, stronger

just found weird side effect - i can not receive text messages (SMS) on my iphone... does anyone saw smth like this?