Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: did I brick the phone?

Default did I brick the phone?
    Hi all,

Sort of new here. I'm trying to downgrade a 3G phone from 4.1 to 3.1.3. Now the phone boots with an Apple, then some pixel lines on the top of the screen and the spinning thing in the middle of the screen. It stays like that for a while and then reboot again.

DId I brick it?

This is what I did
    - Using Umbrella and stock firmware. downgrade it to 4.0.1.
    - Then I went through the same steps down to 3.1.3.
    - jailbreakme.com for the usual.
    - Then I installed blackra1n.

Suggestion appreciated in advance
    Thanks
    Josh

Put your phone to DFU/Restore mode(goolge for how to put that) and restore the requried firmware(Note that you will only be able to jailbreak and not able to unlock your phone as 4.1 upgrades your baseband and there is no unlock tool avaliable for that)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You can't run Blackra1n on 3.1.3 and you can't run a jb over another jb such as Blackra1n over jailbreakme.

Yeah. I don't know what I was thinking. Didn't read the version info in detail before.

The problem is that phone is in the loop and iTune won't see it.
    I tried to get it to DFU mode which I have done many times when I put firmware on. It is just not getting to the DFU mode.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Can you get it into recovery mode?

I pretty much behave like myself all day today - almost a moron. Yes, I did something wrong and now I'm getting back on track. Or I'm off nowhere?

I got phone now with 3.1.3 and baseband 05.14.02. Guess I have to wait for some new release.

Thanks for all your reply.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Mm well if you can get it into Recovery Mode, you'll get to restore to 3.1.x or even to 4.1 jb (with a custom fw).

No new releases necessary since all firmwares for your device can be jb. The problem is, you need to get it into Recovery Mode so iTunes will recognize just so you can restore.