Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Situation Help please

Default iPhone 4 Situation Help please
    Hi, I just bought a used iPhone 4 on firmware 4.0 and I saw that it had the previous owner's stuff still in it, so I screwed myself by pushing the erase all content button without knowing that it also erases my OS. So now I have an iPhone 4 that is stuck at the boot screen. So I just want to know what are my best options. Also, since the 4.1 jailbreak is coming out Sunday, is it possible to jailbreak on 4.1 without updating the baseband; like a custom firmware or something? BTW I forgot to mention that I use T-mobile, therefore I need a jailbreak and unlock. I know that the SHSH's weren't saved because it was too late.
    Please help.

-Thanks in Advance

Diwnload tiny umbrella and run the tss server and update it to 4.1 after running it and youll get error 1004 then just kick it out of recovery from tiny umbrella and voila no baseband update

Make sure you dont close tiny umbrella just keep it running

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

^ correct all the way. Preserve your baseband by shift+restoring to a stock 4.1 ipsw (find it at felixbruns.de) with TU's TSS server running.

Then wait for the new jb on Sunday.

Wait how can i be sure that i would get error 1004, and that my baseband wont be upgraded?

Ive done it myself with no prob.. Its your choice, but if you do it correctly you will get that error

Yup as long as u click (shift+)restore and not update, you will be okay

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Waleed786 For This Useful Post:

NikeJS (2010-10-08)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

The TSS server is run to prevent the baseband upgrade. You've got no other option if you don't have SHSHs to restore to anyway.

Getting error 1004 isn't always gonna happen. It's an error for a baseband downgrade failure (which happens only during a downgrade usually). So if you're upgrading, which you would be, you won't run into that error.

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    Yup as long as u click (shift+)restore and not update, you will be okay
    Yea good add on..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DevouredDreams For This Useful Post:

NikeJS (2010-10-08)

So all i do is open up Tiny Umbrella, have my device connected in restore mode, start the TSS server, then restore to a clean 4.1 firmware using itunes? Do i have to edit my hosts file or anything?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Edit: you might run into it but it's not a harmful error. It's not a bad sign if you don't get it either.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

NikeJS (2010-10-08)

No tinyumbrella will edit ur hosts file for u, u don't have to do it. Just make sure u use the latest version

Alright Thanks guys. Ill give that a try