Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G restored from 4.0 to 3.1.2

Default iPhone 3G restored from 4.0 to 3.1.2
    Hi everyone. I've been reading these forums for a while, and just now bothered to make an account. I've been DLing themes from modmyi for ages...=P

Anyways.....

I have an iPhone 3G that I downgraded from 4.0 to 3.1.2 not too long ago. 4.0 was lagging too badly. I used redsn0w to jailbreak 4.0, and blackra1n to jailbreak 3.1.2. I now realize I might've made a big mistake. My baseband is 05.13.04 now.

Now, I want to unlock it. I moved from the USA to the Philippines last week and I have to unlock my iPhone to be able to use it here. I will be using Globe. I downloaded Fuzzyband from Cydia and it told be that I was "ready for ultrasn0w", so I added the repository in Cydia. After I installed ultrasn0w, it seemed to be working. I saw a signal bar and restarted the Springboard as it told me to. I tried texting my brother's phone here in the PH, but no dice. Next to the message was a red (!) saying that it failed to send. I kept trying to re-send it, but still, no luck.

I've got no idea what to do now. I downloaded 4.0.2 and I'm wondering whether or not it's a good idea to upgrade to 4.0.2 and jailbreak+unlock it from there. So I came here....

I've also tried 'sn0w' from the blackra1n app I have from the jailbreak. Not sure if that's the same as ultrasn0w haha.

Please help. I really need a phone to use here. I don't mind buying a new one, but it would really, REALLY suck to find out that I brought a perfectly good iPhone that I can't use =P

use Ultrasn0w to unlock your iPhone 3G
    Add ultrasn0w.com in cydia to get this

Quote Originally Posted by opticillusion View Post
    Hi everyone. I've been reading these forums for a while, and just now bothered to make an account. I've been DLing themes from modmyi for ages...=P

Anyways.....

I have an iPhone 3G that I downgraded from 4.0 to 3.1.2 not too long ago. 4.0 was lagging too badly. I used redsn0w to jailbreak 4.0, and blackra1n to jailbreak 3.1.2. I now realize I might've made a big mistake. My baseband is 05.13.04 now.

Now, I want to unlock it. I moved from the USA to the Philippines last week and I have to unlock my iPhone to be able to use it here. I will be using Globe. I downloaded Fuzzyband from Cydia and it told be that I was "ready for ultrasn0w", so I added the repository in Cydia. After I installed ultrasn0w, it seemed to be working. I saw a signal bar and restarted the Springboard as it told me to. I tried texting my brother's phone here in the PH, but no dice. Next to the message was a red (!) saying that it failed to send. I kept trying to re-send it, but still, no luck.

I've got no idea what to do now. I downloaded 4.0.2 and I'm wondering whether or not it's a good idea to upgrade to 4.0.2 and jailbreak+unlock it from there. So I came here....

I've also tried 'sn0w' from the blackra1n app I have from the jailbreak. Not sure if that's the same as ultrasn0w haha.

Please help. I really need a phone to use here. I don't mind buying a new one, but it would really, REALLY suck to find out that I brought a perfectly good iPhone that I can't use =P
    Umm.....

If I were you, I would stop what appears to be a somewhat random series of installations of jailbreaks and unlocks.

I think it's probably so messed up it could do with another clean restore.

You could use custom firmware to go to 4.1 and then unlock with ultrasnow.

However, did you try making a phone call with it as it is?

Thanks for the reply. I'll look for some custom firmware.

Download snowbreeze 2.0.2, and use it to create custom firmware (using a stock 4.1 firmware)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

in sn0wbreeze dont forget to hacktivate your phone before you make the custom ipsw