Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need input guys

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default need input guys
    hey guys as you can tell I am new to this forum. I been reading up unlocking this and jailbreaking this and am very confused to say the least. How ever I did read something about turbo sims that could unlock your iphone onto any net works. what is your guys thoughts on this, sorry if this is the wrong section, I dont know where to post this.

thanks guys

Thanks

thoughts are that dont waste your time nor money when there are free tools out there for you

which iphone, which firmware?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

3gs and 4.1 I think I rebooted and it upgraded it to 4.1. I did read somewhere here not upgrade to 4.1 but I am slightly retarded. I dont know the history of the iphone as it was found in the club I work.

Hmmm, well unless the old owner is a complete retard, he would have the phone blocked as lost/stolen.

Maybe take it to the police?

BTW, it's also possible for a owner to track their 3GS phone to an exact location with mobileme. If mine ever gets stolen I am able to deactivate the phone, wipe the data and locate it with GPS. I am also able to make it ring so that I can find it's exact location.
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-10-05 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

TurboSIMs don't work nowadays anyhow

Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post
    Hmmm, well unless the old owner is a complete retard, he would have the phone blocked as lost/stolen.

Maybe take it to the police?

BTW, it's also possible for a owner to track their 3GS phone to an exact location with mobileme. If mine ever gets stolen I am able to deactivate the phone, wipe the data and locate it with GPS. I am also able to make it ring so that I can find it's exact location.
    To bad MobileMe is 100 grand to use

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have had this phone for a few months but turned off. I just found it again the other day. I will play around and see if I can learn something new here.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nelly998 View Post
    To bad MobileMe is 100 grand to use
    100 grand...? try just $100 a year

if ur playing around with the phone, try to find out what baseband and bootrom it uses. u might be able to do something with it... if the original owner doesnt come looking for it
    Last edited by heyyyitsjordan; 2010-10-06 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost