Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.0.1 unlocked iphone stops working

Default 4.0.1 unlocked iphone stops working
    Hi, my iphone was unlocked and working fine for the last 2 weeks. Just today for an hour it stopped working completely and could not find my carrier... is there any way to fix this? (it ended up fixing itself), also is it safe to download carrier settings, i was told it has no effect on the iphone itself and is just their so u can get wifi access or something like that. Thanks!

downloading carrier settings is safe.

Not sure what you mean when you say it "stopped working completely and could not find my carrier". Do you mean that it lost signal but continued to work normally in all other functions? Can you clarify?

What are you jailbroken with? Jailbreakme and unlocked with ultrasnow? How did you activate the phone?

How the phone fix itself? Did it just start working again or did you need to do something else? Could it have been a network fault?

ya so the phone was fine but the signal dropped completly and it kept searching for service and im pretty sure it wasn't network fault. iused jb me and ultrasnow, activated through itunes. The signal came back after an our and pretty much worked by itself although i had to keep trying to search manually. Wouldn't a network fault affect everyone or it can be isolated as well? im not really sure about that.

I'd wait and see if it happens again.