Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Successfully jailbroke and unlocked iphone 3G to 4.1

  1. #21
    My bootloader is 05.08 {G2M3S2}, as per Fuzzyband (which I used yesterday).

    Baseband ICE2-05.14.02

    It says "ready to downgrade to 05.13.04 for ultrasn0w"

    Is that unlockable?

  2. #22
    iPhoneaholic dotFIVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 82 Times in 79 Posts

    Ooooh, you are one of the lucky ones! You don't know how many people would kill to be in your spot. Yes you are unlockable. Downgrade away.

  3. #23
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    189
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    ... i dont think 5.14.02 is unlockable... someone correct me if im wrong. but if fuzzyband says you can downgrade, i would GUESS it should be ok... can anyone confirm this?

    just kidding... lol dotFIVE got to it before i could. (he beat me by 1 minute)

  4. #24
    iPhoneaholic dotFIVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 82 Times in 79 Posts

    5.08 Bootloader can downgrade a 5.1.4.02 baseband through fuzzyband...

    Edit: haha okay saw your edited post too..

  5. #25
    I"m giving it a go. Standby for updates. I did this previous but prior to finishing, it stopped and my wifi/network settings were disabled totally - had to restore/rejailbreak.

    It's a tough biz, slapping the Apple gods in the face constantly!

    Thanks everyone

    I haz "I haz downgrade!"

    Time to repo666 this ***** up, and take 'er to work. Love this thread
    Last edited by Nerpal; 2010-10-04 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #26
    iPhoneaholic dotFIVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 82 Times in 79 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerpal View Post
    I"m giving it a go. Standby for updates. I did this previous but prior to finishing, it stopped and my wifi/network settings were disabled totally - had to restore/rejailbreak.

    It's a tough biz, slapping the Apple gods in the face constantly!

    Thanks everyone

    I haz "I haz downgrade!"

    Time to repo666 this ***** up, and take 'er to work. Love this thread
    Sweet! Glad I could help.

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxUS View Post
    Cool, perfect!

    Just a couple more questions..Did you ever pwn your phone before?
    and what SHSH does Cydia state you have stored with them?

    I just want you to be exactly where I was before I upgraded.
    (or almost anyway, your baseband is unlockable by ultrasnow and thats where we wanna keep it!)
    Now... back to my issue. Haha.

  7. #27
    Oops, sorry - see below:


    Just a couple more questions..Did you ever pwn your phone before?

    - nope, never!


    and what SHSH does Cydia state you have stored with them?

    - I didn't store anything, or at least not deliberately. However, I can check if that helps and if you can show me how?

    I just want you to be exactly where I was before I upgraded.
    (or almost anyway, your baseband is unlockable by ultrasnow and thats where we wanna keep it!)

  8. #28
    iPhoneaholic dotFIVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 82 Times in 79 Posts

    Oh no, I didn't quote that for you. I just meant that I'm still waiting for a little guide for myself from MaxxUS.

  9. #29
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    189
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dotFIVE View Post
    Oh no, I didn't quote that for you. I just meant that I'm still waiting for a little guide for myself from MaxxUS.
    just to recap... you jb using redsn0w and you have the new bootrom, 3.1.3, and 5.12.01 bb?
    Last edited by heyyyitsjordan; 2010-10-04 at 10:52 PM.

  10. #30
    iPhoneaholic dotFIVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 82 Times in 79 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by heyyyitsjordan View Post
    just to recap... you jb using redsn0w and you have the new bootloader, 3.1.3, and 5.12.01 bb?
    Yep. Used redsn0w to jailbreak my 3.1.3.
    5.9 Bootloader
    5.12.01 Baseband using ultrasn0w unlock as I am under T-Mobile.

    I'm planning to possibly leave my safe haven of 3.1.3 and make the jump toward 4.1. I just don't want to lose my unlock. Also, I'm running on a Mac so I'll need the Mac programs...

  11. #31
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    189
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3GS New Bootrom with Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 [Custom Firmware Windows] | Redmond Pie

    follow this guide... however it says with the new bootrom, you have to be previously jb on 3.1.2 (this part confuses me)

    also the version of sn0wbreeze is old so download sn0wbreeze from this link

    Download Sn0wbreeze 2.0.2 for iOS 4.1 Jailbreak to Fix Error 17 / 40 and Hacktivation Issues | Redmond Pie

  12. #32
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Okidoki...this thread just exploded! lol

    Anyway...

    Im gonna attempt to make a little guide here, bear with me!

    My original settings were (iphone 3G) on 3.1.3 running 05.13.04 and bootloader 05.09 G2M352.
    You should be fine with either 05.08 or .09. Same with baseband 05.12.x..
    Im running Mac OS X 10.6.2

    For some odd reason I feel that if youve never pwned the phone before we should do a pwnage with
    3.1.3 first. Incase we run into potential errors its easier to fix as we dont have to worry about dodging
    an accidental basebandupdate.

    I arranged two folders for download with a filehosting service. one contains Pwnagetool with 3.1.3 firmware for 3G, and one holds an altered version of Pwnagetool for 4.1, this one also holds 4.1 firmware for 3G. . Theyre easy to find, I just thought it would be more convenient.

    PM for links as Im not sure if I can post em here.

    Start up Pwnagetool315 and check Expertmode, check iphone 3G and let it find the firmware.
    Hit next
    Double click General, make sure activate is checked. leave the other options alone
    Click the blue next button to jump through the other settings, then click build.
    Once the build is done follow the instructions to put your phone in DFU mode (or just click the DFU button.)
    Open itunes and let it find your phone in DFU mode, Hold down Option and click Restore. find the firmware we just created. Everything should restore as usual. The important part here seems to be to enter DFU mode from pwnage. (beats me why!).

    Once done, check your phone and Cydia,(SHSH tags etc) no need to unlock here as I just wanted to do this for you to have a previously pwned iphone and that everything went smoothly with it.

    Now do the same with Pwnagetool with 4.1 bundle.
    VERY IMPORTANT!! Make extra sure that in the General options, neither Activate or Enable Baseband update is checked!

    Pop a AT&T sim card into your phone, (It can be any old AT&T sim, I used an old GoPhone card)

    Once the build is done, use Pwnagetool again to enter DFU and restore. If your heartrate is not
    satisfyingly high, drink some more Redbull or coffee!

    Everything should work just fine. Once done let itunes find the phone and it should switch from
    Connect to iTunes to the homescreen within minutes.
    It will tell you to wait for activation, this is not important as the SIM doesnt really work, its only there to fool itunes into kicking us out of the Activation screen. Let iTunes run, sync, do its backups etc..
    Switch on the Wireless and download any free app that uses push notification. (I used Facebook) Run the app and log in. (This will activate the push certificates)

    Once done, pop your regular SIM card into the phone and start up Cydia, reinstall the Ultrasn0w repo (repo666.utlrasn0w.com) and run it!

    Just to make sure you can open Settings-General-About and make sure your baseband is intact...(nerveracking isnt it! )

    This is where I kinda got a little nervous as it got stuck on Searching for the longest time, then it told me the SIM was faulty...(it took a good 20 minutes) and I almost ran the restore again this time with a pwn that activates, as the iphone just shifted over and showed my beloved T-Mobile logo!


    Mind my spelling or grammar. and let me know if l left something out!
    Last edited by MaxxUS; 2010-10-05 at 12:09 AM.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaxxUS For This Useful Post:

    Bo Troxell (2010-10-05), dotFIVE (2010-10-05)

  14. #33
    iPhoneaholic dotFIVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 82 Times in 79 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxUS View Post
    Okidoki...this thread just exploded! lol

    Anyway...

    Im gonna attempt to make a little guide here, bear with me!

    My original settings were (iphone 3G) on 3.1.3 running 05.13.04 and bootloader 05.09 G2M352.
    You should be fine with either 05.08 or .09. Same with baseband 05.12.x..
    Im running Mac OS X 10.6.2

    For some odd reason I feel that if youve never pwned the phone before we should do a pwnage with
    3.1.3 first. Incase we run into potential errors its easier to fix as we dont have to worry about dodging
    an accidental basebandupdate.

    I arranged two folders for download with a filehosting service. one contains Pwnagetool with 3.1.3 firmware for 3G, and one holds an altered version of Pwnagetool for 4.1, this one also holds 4.1 firmware for 3G. . Theyre easy to find, I just thought it would be more convenient.

    PM for links as Im not sure if I can post em here.

    Start up Pwnagetool315 and check Expertmode, check iphone 3G and let it find the firmware.
    Hit next
    Double click General, make sure activate is checked. leave the other options alone
    Click the blue next button to jump through the other settings, then click build.
    Once the build is done follow the instructions to put your phone in DFU mode (or just click the DFU button.)
    Open itunes and let it find your phone in DFU mode, Hold down Option and click Restore. find the firmware we just created. Everything should restore as usual. The important part here seems to be to enter DFU mode from pwnage. (beats me why!).

    Once done, check your phone and Cydia,(SHSH tags etc) no need to unlock here as I just wanted to do this for you to have a previously pwned iphone and that everything went smoothly with it.

    Now do the same with Pwnagetool with 4.1 bundle.
    VERY IMPORTANT!! Make extra sure that in the General options, neither Activate or Enable Baseband update is checked!

    Pop a AT&T sim card into your phone, (It can be any old AT&T sim, I used an old GoPhone card)

    Once the build is done, use Pwnagetool again to enter DFU and restore. If your heartrate is not
    satisfyingly high, drink some more Redbull or coffee!

    Everything should work just fine. Once done let itunes find the phone and it should switch from
    Connect to iTunes to the homescreen within minutes.
    It will tell you to wait for activation, this is not important as the SIM doesnt really work, its only there to fool itunes into kicking us out of the Activation screen. Let iTunes run, sync, do its backups etc..
    Switch on the Wireless and download any free app that uses push notification. (I used Facebook) Run the app and log in. (This will activate the push certificates)

    Once done, pop your regular SIM card into the phone and start up Cydia, reinstall the Ultrasn0w repo (repo666.utlrasn0w.com) and run it!

    Just to make sure you can open Settings-General-About and make sure your baseband is intact...(nerveracking isnt it! )

    This is where I kinda got a little nervous as it got stuck on Searching for the longest time, then it told me the SIM was faulty...(it took a good 20 minutes) and I almost ran the restore again this time with a pwn that activates, as the iphone just shifted over and showed my beloved T-Mobile logo!


    Mind my spelling or grammar. and let me know if l left something out!
    Thanks for that! Very appreciated! So I don't need iReb or anything like that? It was mentioned before but it's currently not available for Mac. And on the pwnage tool I downloaded, there's only options for iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 2g, no i3G option..

    Also, I don't have an AT&T SIM card. Activating it through pwnagetool doesn't work right?
    Last edited by dotFIVE; 2010-10-05 at 12:56 AM.

  15. #34
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Activationg it through pwnagetool screws up the push certificates, so if you can live without push and youtube until somebody comes up with a working patch you can use the activate in pwnagetool.

    Or just run out and buy a 12 dollar AT&T Gophone, activate that SIM and use it!

    I didnt not get one single error when I restored.

    But, thats also one of the reasons I wanted you to run pwnage 3.1.3 first, just to make sure everything works smoothly with your Mac!

    The 3G(s) option is the 3G aswell..

  16. #35
    iPhoneaholic dotFIVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 82 Times in 79 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxUS View Post
    Activationg it through pwnagetool screws up the push certificates, so if you can live without push and youtube until somebody comes up with a working patch you can use the activate in pwnagetool.

    Or just run out and buy a 12 dollar AT&T Gophone, activate that SIM and use it!

    I didnt not get one single error when I restored.

    But, thats also one of the reasons I wanted you to run pwnage 3.1.3 first, just to make sure everything works smoothly with your Mac!

    The 3G(s) option is the 3G aswell..
    Okay, that makes sense. Thanks a lot for the help!

    Should I restore back to a fresh, stock copy of 3.1.3 before pwning, to remove my redsn0w jailbreak?

  17. #36
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dotFIVE View Post
    Okay, that makes sense. Thanks a lot for the help!

    Should I restore back to a fresh, stock copy of 3.1.3 before pwning, to remove my redsn0w jailbreak?
    My phone was on 3.1.3 AT&T (not jailbroken or unlocked) when I got it. So sure, why not! (Just to be sure to replicate my exact moves)

  18. #37
    guys just like to ask if its possible to upgrade and unlock my 2g iphone 3.1.3 FW4.05.05G to 4.1, was upgrade, jaibroke, and unlock with redsnow??
    if yes, which guide should i follow?

    sorry , just a noob
    thanks guys

  19. #38

  20. #39
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 714pedro View Post
    guys just like to ask if its possible to upgrade and unlock my 2g iphone 3.1.3 FW4.05.05G to 4.1, was upgrade, jaibroke, and unlock with redsnow??
    if yes, which guide should i follow?

    sorry , just a noob
    thanks guys
    There is no 4.1 for 2g iphone, the latest you can go is 3.1.3 and that is the last OS for 2g and no more apple support.

  21. #40
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    189
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    yeow iphone 2g is supported on sn0wbreeze

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •