Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Unlocking iphone 3gs 4.1

Default Help Unlocking iphone 3gs 4.1
    HI Guys

I have been out an about forums and google search and now I an really lost with all the tech jargons out there. Can some one help me unlock my iphone 3Gs

Details:

Unlock Status : Never been unlocked new phone
    Phone: iPhone 3Gs
    Version : 4.1 (8B117)
    Model: MC131B
    Bootloader: 6.4
    Modem Firmware: 05.14.02

Can some one help me out coz I want to change my mobile provider as there is limited coverage in my area. Hence I need to have my phone unlocked. Please help me unlock it.

Thank you

Regards

Max

Version 4.1 of the firmware has no jailbreak at this time, but one expected soon. Version 5.14.2 has no unlock for that baseband and none in development as far as Dev information is concerned.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nebo1ss For This Useful Post:

maaverix (2010-09-29)

Does this mean that I can jail break my iphone but cannot unlock it?

Is there any way I can downgrade my baseband and IOS version to a lower number?
    Last edited by maaverix; 2010-09-29 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You can jailbreak your phone when the new tool is released. Could be next week or next month no one knows.

You cannot downgrade your baseband on a 3GS
    Last edited by nebo1ss; 2010-09-29 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nebo1ss For This Useful Post:

maaverix (2010-09-29)

Great thanks for that info. But will I be able to unlock my phone? since as per my understanding
    Jailbreaking allows you add non-standard apps on your iphone. While unlocking allows you to change your operator.

I am looking for unlocking.. sorry for the trouble.. i am still trying to learn all of this stuff..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maaverix View Post
    Great thanks for that info. But will I be able to unlock my phone? since as per my understanding
    Jailbreaking allows you add non-standard apps on your iphone. While unlocking allows you to change your operator.

I am looking for unlocking.. sorry for the trouble.. i am still trying to learn all of this stuff..
    You cannot jailbreak because it has never been jailbroken. Without shsh blogs, there is nothing you can do.
    You cannot unlock this 4.1 baseband and it is going to be awhile before you can see any unlock for this baseband.
    Sell it and get another one that is already unlocked will be your best choice.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

maaverix (2010-09-30)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

HI Guys

I have been out an about forums and google search and now I an really lost with all the tech jargons out there. Can some one help me unlock my iphone 3Gs

Details:

Can some one help me out coz I want to change my mobile provider as there is limited coverage in my area. Hence I need to have my phone unlocked. Please help me unlock it.

Thank you

Regards

Max
    with your bootloader and version (4.1) jailbreak is possible... however, modem firmware (aka baseband) is not possible to unlock. i am not entirely sure, but you might want to research downgrading the baseband.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

The unlock is not possible for now and maybe for a few months to come. Currently the devs are focused on only the jailbreak.

Thanks

so fuzzyband is not an option?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Fuzzyband is iPhone 3G bootloader 5.08 only.

Thanks

oh i see. =] im still learning.

HI Guys

Details:

Thank you

Regards

Max

Hey Max,

I too am trying to figure out how to unlock an iphone 3gs using 4.1. I think I have the older baseband so I should be able to do it. Check out this step by step article on ihackintosh:

iPhone | iHackintosh

Best,
    -sjs