Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEWBIE QUESTION: iPhone4 - Version 4.0.2 (8A400)

Exclamation NEWBIE QUESTION: iPhone4 - Version 4.0.2 (8A400)
    Im new to the iPhone world and Im coming from an EVO. My question is I have an offical microsim from AT&T. I purchased an iPhone4 off craigslist and it came with the above version or firmware. Can I unlock my iPhone and use it with T-Mobile / Simple Mobile now or am Im stuck with a phone that I cant use. Also when I tried to hook up iTunes it told me that "There is no SIM card installed in the iPhone you are attempting to activate". So I can at best sync over my music. SMH. Okay and my last question if I can unlock my phone can I use a Pick You Plan or Pay As You Go Plan with AT&T until the unlock is available. Thanks for any replies and Im sorry if Im everywhere with my question just kinda anxious.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You don't have to unlock if you pick one of atnt plan. You cannot unlock your iph 4 , there is no jailbreak yet.

Will a gophone prepaid sim or pick your plan sim card work.with no issues data and mms until an unlock.is available.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyJFranks View Post
    Will a gophone prepaid sim or pick your plan sim card work.with no issues data and mms until an unlock.is available.
    The go phone SIM will work for Voice calls. Data and MMS will not work.

I found a way to get MMS and Data to work, Im on a goPhone plan until I can get it unlocked

AnthonyJFranks can you share this method? I'm using iphone4 with gophone, but have not got the data to work. i tried unlockit.co.nz and also the iphone configuration utility

you were saying your firmware version is 4.0.2 and not 4.2.0 then you simple jailbreak it using Limera1n or Greenpois0n also unlock it with Ultrasn0w.

did you even look at the date on this thread before posting?