Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: What are the chances of getting a phone with 4.0.2?

  1. #1
    Default What are the chances of getting a phone with 4.0.2?
    I already have an iPhone 4 (4.0.1, un-jailbroken for now) but know several people who don't.

    What are the chances of them being able to get an iPhone 4 still on 4.0.2, and what are the chances of being able to check before buying?

  2. #2
    Why do you want an iPhone 4 on 4.0.2?

    I'm sure there are plenty of 2nd hand iphones for sale which people haven't updated the firmware on, however, if you are getting your iphone new then I think the chances of it being on 4.0.2 are somewhat slim.

  3. #3
    Why 4.0.2? Baseband.

    And it's not for me, I already have one.

  4. #4
    The chances of them letting u check is very slim, better to buy on eBay or craigslist where people are selling them. I know there's a guy on the MMI selling forum who is selling brand new sealed in box 4.00 iPhones.. There's probably a lot more out there like that too

  5. #5
    Great in theory, but how is one supposed to then get an AT&T contract without buying a phone from them? Or are you suggesting that I actually tell people "oh, you should buy an iPhone on ebay, get a second one from AT&T, and then hope you can sell the second one for as much as you paid for it"?

  6. #6
    Why would you need to get 2? Just buy the one from eBay then activate it

    Also, if ur friends are activating with AT&T then why the heck do they care about the baseband??
    Last edited by Waleed786; 2010-09-28 at 11:46 PM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by cypherpunk View Post
    Great in theory, but how is one supposed to then get an AT&T contract without buying a phone from them? Or are you suggesting that I actually tell people "oh, you should buy an iPhone on ebay, get a second one from AT&T, and then hope you can sell the second one for as much as you paid for it"?
    No that would be insane, but you could tell them to go to an AT&T store and say "hey I bought this iphone for $800 without a contract cause I'm dumb, can you offer me service/contract for it?"

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    Why would you need to get 2? Just buy the one from eBay then activate it

    Also, if ur friends are activating with AT&T then why the heck do they care about the baseband??
    Believe or not, some people travel. I travel; I know people who travel. And the very last thing you want when travelling is a locked cellphone with extortionate roaming fees.

  9. #9
    Well unless they're planning on traveling within the next 4 months, it's better to get one from AT&T for $200 because the next unlock should be out by then anyway

  10. #10
    Default iphone 4.0.2
    Hi this is dave I have an extra iphone 4.0.2 sitting on my shelf if you interested.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by vrodman0633 View Post
    Hi this is dave I have an extra iphone 4.0.2 sitting on my shelf if you interested.
    It's a 2G isn't it lol

  12. #12
    Btw, if you find a new AT&Tphone on 4.0.2 there's a very good chance you won't be able to unlock it anyway. 4.0.2 is not jailbreakable.

  13. #13
    This is dave if your assking me if its a 2 g ? No this is a new iphone 4 bought it didnt no it was on 4.0.2 so its been sitting for over a month now.

  14. #14
    How much?

  15. #15
    Yes, Dave, how much?

  16. #16
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    189
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    why go 4.0.2 when you can get 4.1?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyyitsjordan View Post
    why go 4.0.2 when you can get 4.1?
    Really? Cause its NOT jailbreakable and NOT unlockable especially for iPhone 3GS new bootrom and iPhone 4

    yes a 3G and 3GS with old bootrom are jailbreakable on 4.1 and lower but we were talking about an iPhone 4

  18. #18
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    189
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    cant you jb 4.0.1 using jailbreakme.com, use spirit2pwn, and then upgrade to 4.1 using sn0wbreeze or pwnage tool?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyyitsjordan View Post
    cant you jb 4.0.1 using jailbreakme.com, use spirit2pwn, and then upgrade to 4.1 using sn0wbreeze or pwnage tool?
    Nope u can't do custom firmwares on the iPhone 4 yet

  20. #20
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    189
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    oh... ok. well im glad im learning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •