Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Old AT&T sim card

Default Old AT&T sim card
    I was wondering if I buy a Iphone 3g or 3gs can I put my old sim in it (my sim is 3g) i'm planning on jail breaking it anyway so is there any cydia apps I need to be able to put my old sim in and is there anything else I need to know to do this like what program to use ect?

iPhone? More like MyPhone CaptBojank's Avatar
    Thanks

You can just pop your sim in and go. You'll get a txt msg shortly after telling you to setup a data plan.
    --= Fortes fortuna adiuvat =--

Will I need to setup a data plan because I don't have one will they charge me money somehow even if I only use wifi for Internet and j don't need to unlock it so what jailbreak should I use

iPhone? More like MyPhone CaptBojank's Avatar
    Thanks

You can't have an iphone on AT&T without a data plan. I'm not sure exactly how one sets it up now, but when my roommate bought a used 3G and put his sim card in (about six months ago), at&t txt'ed him about two hours later stating that they automatically added a data plan.

Since they have two plans now, the $15 and the $25, I'm not sure what the default is.

If it's running 4.1 then redsnow will do the jailbreak for you. If it's a 3.x firmware, use blackra1n. Don't bother with 4.0.x on the 3g, it sucks.

If you get the 3GS, all bets are off unless the previous owner backed up the SHSH files.
    --= Fortes fortuna adiuvat =--

So basically If I don't want a data plan I can't get it and there's no way around it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Once AT & T detect that you're using iPhone, they will charge a Data Plan on your account even though you said you don't want it. It is stated on AT & T web site.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate105 View Post
    So basically If I don't want a data plan I can't get it and there's no way around it
    If you have a monthly contract they will add a data plan. If you use an ATT "Go phone" pay and go SIM It works fine and they cannot add a data plan.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am using my iPhone on T-Mobile without a Data Plan, just using WiFi