Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [PAYING $20] Unlock my Iphone 3GS

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you tried the sim card in any other phone at all? Perhaps it's just a damaged sim, which obviously wouldn't work in an unlocked phone no matter what you do.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Yes that's a good question. I would imagine Apple wouldn't tell you a phone isn't locked to any carrier if it was.

Ive got 10+ SIMS, all tried...all brand new from the carriers. So its not the SIM.

Thanks

So, it's factory unlocked, right?

Save your SHSH blobs and take it to apple then.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

If it's supposed to be factory unlocked, it doesn't matter which SIM you put in. So Apple specifically told you it wasn't locked to any carrier at all? If a universal activation SIM doesn't work, then there's something wrong with the phone.

So either get the SIM or take it to Apple. Whichever comes first faster.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-09-27 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Are you sure you didnt just tell Apple on the phone that it was a uk phone so they just assumed it would be unlocked? Did you actually give them any info about the phone like serial, imei etc?

I dont think anything is wrong with it, I just think it is a locked iphone from what he is describing

Hi both, Apple 100% said it wasnt locked, twice now... I gave the IMEI and they checked. I also have 5 Iphones all the same....and 10 SIMS...Had em a few months now...constantly decreasing in value, thats why its so important i unlock them + i want one for my self.
    They are all direct from apple btw.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyborgcod View Post
    Hi both, Apple 100% said it wasnt locked, twice now... I gave the IMEI and they checked. I also have 5 Iphones all the same....and 10 SIMS...Had em a few months now...constantly decreasing in value, thats why its so important i unlock them + i want one for my self.
    They are all direct from apple btw.
    Dude, I'm sorry if this comes off as a bit snippy, but what do you expect us to do? We've given you all of the proper instructions but you seem to not listen to any of it. Why don't you just take them to Apple or to a licensed carrier and have them look at them?

Now you have five iPhones, none of which work? Well, I've got a new idea why that is but I think I shall keep it to myself for now...

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

All there really is to it now is to either take it to Apple or get a universal SIM

Now you have five iPhones, none of which work? Well, I've got a new idea why that is but I think I shall keep it to myself for now...[/QUOTE]
    Please share? Im asking for advice.and paying....i just want them unlocked etc before theyre worthless.
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    All there really is to it now is to either take it to Apple or get a universal SIM
    Ordered the SIM, if that doesnt work, least they have 4 - 6 months warranty left. thanks again.
    Last edited by cyborgcod; 2010-09-28 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    ...did you plug the phone into iTunes and insert your SIM card?
    Quote Originally Posted by cyborgcod View Post
    Sorry, yes i did, thats where Sim card not supported appeared.
    And id rather a link to a specific Universal sim, so i know 100% it'll work .
    Regards
    ok... if im reading this correctly itunes is saying that the sim card is not supported... does this leave your phone on emergency calls only? or are you able to get into the home screen?

what im trying to get at is... if you're able to get into the homescreen, connect to a wifi network, jb your phone, and then use ultrasn0w to unlock...

im relatively new but i figure something has to give.

Lol, as said, course i cant get into the home screen, it'd be straight forward from there obv.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heyyyitsjordan View Post
    ok... if im reading this correctly itunes is saying that the sim card is not supported... does this leave your phone on emergency calls only? or are you able to get into the home screen?

what im trying to get at is... if you're able to get into the homescreen, connect to a wifi network, jb your phone, and then use ultrasn0w to unlock...

im relatively new but i figure something has to give.
    That's why he needs a universal activation SIM

To get past the emergency call screen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12