Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: have i been scammed? Jailbreak/unlock for 4.1 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by emilybrown2010 View Post
    NOCHEX MONEY RECEIVED **

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EMAILS ARE NOT GUARANTEED PROOF OF PAYMENT. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

CHECK IN 2-4 WORKING DAYS TO CONFIRM THIS PAYMENT HAS BEEN PROCESSED. THE CARD THE PAYMENT WAS PROCESSED TO IS REFERRED TO BELOW **

From: [email protected] (card ending): **** Amount: 38.99Charge: 0.00Total : 38.99 The money will have cleared within 4 working days Message: [NO MESSAGE ATTACHED] Regards,NOCHEX Customer Serviceshttp://www.NOCHEX.com

I have got my money back?!!
    Let us know in 4 days

Yeah i will do no problem, maybe it was genuine unlock then considering ive got my money back? Or so far i think i have.. ?

Their service is expensive when basically all they are doing is using the same tools which are freely available in the public domain and applying them to your phone. They couldn't unlock your phone because it's not currently possible. When the devs release a new tool they'll be able to do it for you and charge you 40.

It can be worth paying someone to do your phone for you if you are not comfortable doing it yourself, but with assistance from people on this site I think it's worth saving your money.

Just keep waiting, you'll get there.

Some of these sites are certainly convincing.
    Even after visiting this forum I am almost tempted to pay $23.99 to see what they come up with.
    The ad is very convincing.
    See here.....

Link Removed Unlock iPhone 3GS, 3G, 2G,3.0, 3.0.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.1 Jailbreak & Unlock iPhone 4.1. Unlocks All versions of iPhone[/url]

I just sent an email to the guys to see what their response is.
    I will keep u all updated.

"I need to unlock an iPhone by tomorrow so that my son can take it OS with him on a school trip.
    I have read many reports that sites like yours take the money and then delay the delivery of software because it is really not available til the hackers crack the unlock.
    i have a 3GS on 4.0.2 which everybody says is impossible to unlock (unless u happen to be apple) yet u say u can.
    If I pay my money now can u guarantee that I will have the software to enable me to unlock an iphone 3GS, on new baseband and running 0s 4.0.2, immediately after payment, or will I be fed some story about delays etc?
    Thanks"
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-09-29 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have never heard of a site like this that is legit. Never.

If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it's probably a duck

If Emily's phone was on something jailbreakable they would have helped I through it I think. Charging for support is ok, but charging for the software isn't.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

All Jody is doing is taking software that is free and tweaking it a tiny bit to sell it. They will never have an unlock out for you if the Devs don't have one out because Jody steals it from them.

(Jody, owner of the first site, and the jailbreak scene have a long history that is easily googled to find they are a scam.)
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Hi Emily I can confirm your money has been refunded (see below). Let me know if you want to re-purchase and get back in the queue at any point. Backlog is down to 4 days now. ---Kind regards Jody Sanders Managing

DirectoriPhoneUnlockUKhttp://www.iphoneunlockuk.com On 28 Sep 2010, at 09:48, NOCHEX wrote: > NOCHEX MONEY SENT> > To: [email protected]> Amount: 38.99> Charge: 0.00> Total: 38.99> Message: [NO MESSAGE ATTACHED]> > > Regards,> NOCHEX Customer Services> http://www.NOCHEX.com> > > > Get more out of Nochex

I'm curious to see if the money actually shows up in your account...them saying they refunded it means absolutely nothing

Thanks

This just goes to show, another lesson learned from the lack of researching first. Research, within 1 minute of quick Googleing, you probably will find out that unlocking and jailbreaking is free.
    3.08.09 <3
    Macbook Pro 15" i7 8GB RAM 500GB SSD HD
    iPhone 3G 3.1.3 T-Mobile

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Take another minute and you will find Jody's name linked to unlock scam.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

It was a scam, sorry. NEVER pay for unlocks/jailbreaks, they are always released, NEVER SOLD.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

after this experience, do you still want to jailbreak/unlock?

Thanks

Jailbreaking and unlocking is completely fine as long as you aren't buying it, they are always released free. Get involved with the twitter scene as that is where all the devs post news.

heyyyitsjordan ....

of course I do, I still want to use the phone

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Desert_Dog View Post
    heyyyitsjordan ....

of course I do, I still want to use the phone
    Well send me 50 and I'll do it for you

You should have the money in your account if you got an e-mail from nochex confirming the refund but do not give the money back to the site, they are simply selling you a product which is freely available and the support they offer is support you can find simply through google and other free sites which give you step by step guides on how to jailbreak and unlock your phone (once the jailbreak becomes available).. Anyone else who has paid for an unlock etc. and have not recieved your product and are being told

Current Status: Processing and Generating for your IMEI (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) - ETA: FRIDAY 1ST OCTOBER - please note if you haven't supplied us with your IMEI, you must send this to [email protected] so we can authorise your IMEI and prepare the software tailored to your IMEI.

contact nochex on their site and submit a support ticket telling them your problem, they helped me get my money back, do this before dev team releases the free software and whilst the site cannot provide you with an unlock otherwise you wont have much to stand on...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12