Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone is locked

Default iPhone is locked
    so, my dad got a new iPhone 4, and his old 3G had a broken screen. He replaced that, and gave his old iPhone to me. I just wanted to use it as an iPod. but this morning I decided to wipe it, and update it to iOS 4.1, because I thought "I can live w/o jailbroken fw for a while." but when I finished, it won't work! it just says "there is no SIM card in the iphone you are trying to activate" I don't want to activate. I just want an ipod with GPS and Cam. will this ever be unlocked?

It's still an iPhone genius go sell it on eBay and use that money to get an itouch probably off eBay to

Look on craigslist someone will probably trade you an itouch for it

He said he wants gps and camera..iPods don't have that..not the old ones at least, just put ur dads sim in there and activate it then u can take the sim back out

You obviously cannot put your dads sim in there because he has Iphone 4 which is micro SIM. I assume your dad was using the old phone with ATT before he got the iphone 4 in which case that old SIM will work to activate the phone. Just put the SIM in and plug into Itunes. If you do not have the Old SIM anymore just borrow one from someone with an older Iphone.