Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2G 8gb Unlock

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 2G 8gb Unlock
    Hey Guys,

New to this, I'm quite techy though. I jailbroke this iPhone for my dad, pretty sure its an old 2G 8Gb, I've got 3.1.3 iOS on it atm and its jailbroken so I have Cydia.

I want to unlock it from what its on at the moment which is 'O2 5.0'

iPhones model number is MB213B by the way.

I tried Blackra1n, but that installd then bricks the phone and I have to boot recovery and restore.

Can someone tell me the easiest way to unlock it for all networks?

Thanks!

Ive had three of these phones, damn butter fingers always dropping on concrete, personally the best way to go IMO is redsnow does everything and is super easy to set up, a caveat to that, jump back down to 3.1.2 if you want mms

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You couldve just went to Cydia and installed BootNeuter to unlock.

At this point you should restore to 3.1.3. Get Redsn0w 0.9.4 and the 3.1.2 ipsw. Also download the 3.9 and 4.6 binary bootloader files.

If you'll just give me a minute, I can find one of the best guides ever on how to JB a 2G with Redsn0w and unlock too all in one tool.

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Windows)

That's the one. It even has the download files.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-09-23 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hi guys, sorry to borrow this thread..
    but do you guys encounter wifi problem after upgrading to 3.1.3, jailbreak and unlock??

my situation is this: i have an iphone 2g, just upgraded to 3.1.3 thru itunes and use the guide "how to jailbreak/unlock 2g..." everything went well except for the wifi.. it say it is connected to my home wireless router but when opening safari it say "its not connected" funny thing is only my iphone wont connect, all my laptops dont have this problem.. but when i try to connect to my neighbor or any coffee shop wifi.. what do you know its connected..

anyone can help me with this? should i try to restore and do the process again? if i would like to restore again should i save shsh? btw i have tried changing the "settings" for the wifi in the iphone but no luck..

thanks

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Select right arrow in your wifi list for your home network. Select "forget this network". Reboot your phone. Try again.

A 2G phone does not have SHSHs to save. A plain restore will get you a fresh 3.1.3 and rejailbreak with Redsn0w 0.9.4. Point at 3.1.2 ipsw for Redsn0w.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-09-23 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    You couldve just went to Cydia and installed BootNeuter to unlock.

At this point you should restore to 3.1.3. Get Redsn0w 0.9.4 and the 3.1.2 ipsw. Also download the 3.9 and 4.6 binary bootloader files.

If you'll just give me a minute, I can find one of the best guides ever on how to JB a 2G with Redsn0w and unlock too all in one tool.

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Windows)

That's the one. It even has the download files.
    Alright mate, I actually used this method last night, it went through the process perfectly but in settings its still o2 5.0 and I can't use my sim with it. Any Ideas?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

You selected "Unlock" in Redsn0w, right?

Do you have a SIM pin? Cuz I just did this to a 2G two days ago before I sold it and it picked up my T-Mobile SIM. But the buyer had a Cinci Bell SIM and couldn't get it to work until he put his pin in.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-09-23 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yer I did, it said to in the guide and i probably would have anyway, thats the only reason I used redsn0w, otherwise I'd have just gone to jailbreakme.com using wifi on the phone

Shame it didn't work.

Do you have a SIM pin? Cuz I just did this to a 2G two days ago before I sold it and it picked up my T-Mobile SIM. But the buyer had a Cinci Bell SIM and couldn't get it to work until he put his pin in.
    how do you find this pin? and where do you enter it? Cheers!
    Last edited by sync99; 2010-09-23 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Select right arrow in your wifi list for your home network. Select "forget this network". Reboot your phone. Try again.

A 2G phone does not have SHSHs to save. A plain restore will get you a fresh 3.1.3 and rejailbreak with Redsn0w 0.9.4. Point at 3.1.2 ipsw for Redsn0w.
    @anniex423
    i have done the "forget this network" still not working
    will try to restore again.. should i be in dfu or recovery mode??
    thanks for the quick response..

btw.. after restore and unlocking.. cydia shows some updates should i hit "update" or just leave it
    Last edited by 714pedro; 2010-09-24 at 03:20 AM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

how do you find this pin? and where do you enter it? Cheers!
    well if you had a SIM pin it would've been one you set up yourself. So you should know the PIN. I'm assuming that's not the problem considering you didn't know what a SIM PIN is.

I'll have to think about this and how to fix your problem now...