Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: when the Unlock for iphone 3GS 4.0.2 available?

Default when the Unlock for iphone 3GS 4.0.2 available?
    Bought iphone 3GS 4.0.2 one and half month before but still cant unlock it....? Can anyone tell me when will unlock for this phone available..? haven't saved SHSH also....I can't do anything..m just waiting for its unlock.......m really feeling disappointed.....

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

unlock for 4.1 coming soon... no unlock for 4.0.2
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Quote Originally Posted by seann33uk View Post
    unlock for 4.1 coming soon... no unlock for 4.0.2
    This is misleading. 4.0.2 has a baseband which can be unlocked but to unlock you have to JB first and since there is no JB for 4.0.2, that is the reason for the lack of an unlock. Firmware version 4.1 will soon have a JB but no unlock available for its newer baseband.

My guess is that the new tool will enable you to upgrade your phone from 4.0.2 to 4.1 while preserving the old baseband for both a JB and UL. Keep the phone where it is until the new tool is out do not upgrade to 4.1 because you will be locked out possibly for ever.

So what should I do now...?

My advise is to stay on 4.0.2 until the new tool is released. Even at that time you have to be very careful and make sure you read and understand fully how the tool works. As I said previously there should be an upgrade path to 4.1 which allows you to keep your baseband and that will be important to you.

its nearly one month now to my phone still i cant use it....thts why m worried....so should assume that..the tool will be available for sure....