Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!! 3gs fw4.0.1, M.F.5.14.02 not reading tMobile Sim after Unlock

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default HELP!! 3gs fw4.0.1, M.F.5.14.02 not reading tMobile Sim after Unlock
    I just got a 3gs that was on f.w4.1. I need to use it for tmobile so I ran iDetector and was told I have the old bootrom. Used tiny umbrella to check for saved shsh blobs on Cydia and luckily it does have it saved. Ran Tss server and Shift Restored to 4.0.1 in iTunes. After that used jailbreakme.com to jb, and ultrasnow to unlock in Cydia.

Tmobile sim inserted, Phone says searching... and then No Service. Is M.F. 5.14.02 not unlockable atm or what? Tried every combination of reboot, turn off 3g, turned on/off airplane mode. Still the same. Any help guys and gals?

UPDATE! I think I pretty much figured out by now that bb 5.14.02 is not unlockable atm.
    Last edited by iMan1ac; 2010-09-20 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iMan1ac View Post
    I just got a 3gs that was on f.w4.1. I need to use it for tmobile so I ran iDetector and was told I have the old bootrom. Used tiny umbrella to check for saved shsh blobs on Cydia and luckily it does have it saved. Ran Tss server and Shift Restored to 4.0.1 in iTunes. After that used jailbreakme.com to jb, and ultrasnow to unlock in Cydia.

Tmobile sim inserted, Phone says searching... and then No Service. Is M.F. 5.14.02 not unlockable atm or what? Tried every combination of reboot, turn off 3g, turned on/off airplane mode. Still the same. Any help guys and gals?

UPDATE! I think I pretty much figured out by now that bb 5.14.02 is not unlockable atm.
    You figured it out correctly. There is no unlock for 5.14.02 and no news of one in development. The person who upgraded the phone to 4.1 made a very bad decision. You can downgrade to previous version of FW with SHSH but no downgrade possible on baseband.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

guess it's time to pass it on to an att user. I heard of Rebel Sim or turbo sim will unlock it but not sure if that's true. Also heard that method is not stable.