Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3Gs in boot loop after trying to unlock with blackra1n

Default 3Gs in boot loop after trying to unlock with blackra1n
    I've been searching on here for a long time and I couldn't find a solution. Here's my problem:

I have an iphone 3Gs with 3.1.3 and 5.12.01 baseband. I unlocked using jailbreakme.com then I went in to cydia and tried to unlock using blackra1n. I restared the phone and all I get is the apple logo and the spinning wheel, it never boots up. I tried to restore (since I hit the "Make my life easier" button in cydia) but I get a 3194 error in itunes. I have no idea what to do.

Thanks

Try holding both the Power button and Home button at the same time until the phone reboots itself. Or put it in DFU mode until iTunes on your computer recognizes it and then you can restore.
    3.08.09 <3
    Macbook Pro 15" i7 8GB RAM 500GB SSD HD
    iPhone 3G 3.1.3 T-Mobile

Blackra1n is for jailbreaking 3.1.2 not unlocking 3.1.3. Not too surprising your phone messed up!

You're right, you need to do a restore. Download tinyumbrella, go to advanced options and go through the different 3GS firmware options asking cydia for your SHSH files.

When you know which SHSH files you've got, look up how to restore using tiny umbrella, plenty of posts/guides.

When you get it all sorted, use Ultrasnow to unlock!