Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlocking iphone 3g without wifi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default unlocking iphone 3g without wifi
    can this be done?

was able to do that, but now all it's searching even when i'm outside.

so anyone?
    Last edited by CrAzYiaN; 2010-09-19 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Don't understand your question.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Don't understand your question.
    what i meant to write was that, if it was possible to unlock a iphone 3g without internet or without the use of cydia,
    but i been doing some searching and i found a way, but now the problem is that it doesn't find any service even when i'm outside, it always says searching and stays there

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Not 100% sure what you mean by "another way" but the best and most effective way is to use Ultrasn0w in Cydia which does require WIFI.

If you're looking to unlock a non factory unlocked phone, you'll need to jailbreak it. The only way is this software unlock, otherwise hardware changes have to be made to get it unlocked without ultrasn0w. And that is hard to come by.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Not 100% sure what you mean by "another way" but the best and most effective way is to use Ultrasn0w in Cydia which does require WIFI.

If you're looking to unlock a non factory unlocked phone, you'll need to jailbreak it. The only way is this software unlock, otherwise hardware changes have to be made to get it unlocked without ultrasn0w. And that is hard to come by.
    i already have it activited just need to have it unlocked but it seems like i do already, but it's just saying searching that or no service, even when i am outside my house it still says that. so anyone?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If you didn't install Ultrasn0w via Cydia, it's not unlocked. If it's doing the searching thing, it's not unlocked. Even if it's activated doesn't mean it's unlocked, unless you have a factory unlocked phone.

Quote Originally Posted by CrAzYiaN View Post
    i already have it activited just need to have it unlocked but it seems like i do already, but it's just saying searching that or no service, even when i am outside my house it still says that. so anyone?
    I assume you cannot get access to Cydia because the WIFI on your 3G is broken. There is an alternative "Google Cyder" it provides a desktop manager for Cydia and will allow you to access ultrasn0w without wifi.