Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock and JB 3.1.3

Default Unlock and JB 3.1.3
    I've looked over the guides here and I am now completely and thouroughly confused.

What I have:
    I have a 3G completely restored back to factory settings.
    It's running 3.1.3(7E18)

I want to Jailbreak and Unlock it.

The unlock 3.1.3 guide says to downgrade to 3.1.2 first, then it upgrades it but it will not be unlockable. I actually used this guide the first time the phone was jailbroken, but I've since restored it.

The 4.0 jailbreak says to upgrade to 4.0 using iTunes, however when you plug it into iTunes it wants to upgrade to 4.1 not 4.0

How do I go about jailbreaking and unlocking this phone?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

cocoeste (2010-09-19)

Thanks Annie, so even though it says if you use RedsnOw 0.9.4 for 3.1.3 it upgrades the baseband and the phone can never be unlocked, it can still be unlocked with Ultrasn0w?

Just want to be clear.

Quote Originally Posted by TronixGT View Post
    Thanks Annie, so even though it says if you use RedsnOw 0.9.4 for 3.1.3 it upgrades the baseband and the phone can never be unlocked, it can still be unlocked with Ultrasn0w?

Just want to be clear.
    Redsn0w is not your only option for a 3G on 3.1.3 you can also use Spirit which is a very simple JB and UL with ultrasn0w from Cydia repo666.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

In my table there are more than 1 option. The OP must've chosen Redsn0w because he doesn't have a SIM to activate with. Redsn0w is the easiest in terms of limited resources.

To answer you, OP, you will only not be able to unlock if you were ever on 4.1. If your baseband is 5.13.04 or below, you're fine to unlock with Ultrasn0w.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

TronixGT (2010-09-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    In my table there are more than 1 option. The OP must've chosen Redsn0w because he doesn't have a SIM to activate with. Redsn0w is the easiest in terms of limited resources.

To answer you, OP, you will only not be able to unlock if you were ever on 4.1. If your baseband is 5.13.04 or below, you're fine to unlock with Ultrasn0w.
    Since he is already activated on 3.1.3. He does not need hactivation hence the suggestion to use Spirit. There was no discussion about upgrading to 4 or 4.0.1 and he would need SHSH for that anyway.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Then use jailbreakme if that's the case.

You got it Annie423. It was never upgraded to 4.1 in fact it was never upgraded past 3.1.3 and I don't have a sim card for it yet. I wanted to JB and unlock to sell it (someone on T-Mobile USA is interested).

I went ahead and used Redsn0w and JB'd it. I also installed Ultrasn0w but after installing that I can't tell if it actually did anything? It just installed then asked for a respring. I don't see anything anywhere indicating it's there.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TronixGT View Post
    You got it Annie423. It was never upgraded to 4.1 in fact it was never upgraded past 3.1.3 and I don't have a sim card for it yet. I wanted to JB and unlock to sell it (someone on T-Mobile USA is interested).

I went ahead and used Redsn0w and JB'd it. I also installed Ultrasn0w but after installing that I can't tell if it actually did anything? It just installed then asked for a respring. I don't see anything anywhere indicating it's there.
    You won't be able to know if it's unlocked until you stick a T-Mobile SIM in. I'm pretty sure if it all went thru properly it is now unlocked. Borrow someone's T-Mobile SIM if you can

Make sure to reboot the phone. Sometimes a respring won't get it up working right.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

TronixGT (2010-09-19)

Thanks again, you've been very helpful!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

No problem!