Results 1 to 4 of 4

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Thinking about buying an iphone4 today, but can i activate at 4.0 or 4.0.1?

  1. #1
    Default Thinking about buying an iphone4 today, but can i activate at 4.0 or 4.0.1?
    If I can buy and activate in a jailbreakable firmware I would buy, if I have to activate at 4.1 then i think i'll pass. Already have a JB 3GS and like my JB too much to lose.

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Yeah, 3Gs is as good as Iphone 4G except without the facetime and retina display. If I were you, I will wait for Iphone 5, definitely no more death grip issue, maybe solar charging or even 3D projection..LOL.

  3. #3
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Alhambra, CA
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    I got my iP4 this past Monday, came with 4.0.2. Got it in store. I'm thinking they'll all come with 4.0.2+.

    I'd choose the 4 over 3Gs any day tho, it's a fabulously fast phone

    Maybe you could get lucky and get a refurbed iP4 and have 4.0 or 4.0.1 on it.

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Thanked 54 Times in 32 Posts

    I bought my iPhone 4 with 4.0.1 a few days ago, but I decided to upgrade to 4.1 straight away. The jailbreak should be released any day now so not like I'll have to wait too long, and it will save me messing around with rejailbreaking it once the 4.1 jb is out. Having said that, the GameCenter and HDR pictures aren't that great, so not much point with 4.1 IMO.

    iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts