Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restoring an Ultrasn0w unlocked iPhone 4?

Default Restoring an Ultrasn0w unlocked iPhone 4?
    Hey guys, I recently bought an iPhone 4 from this guy online, and it was an AT&T iPhone that has been jailbroken and unlocked with ultrasn0w on 4.0.1.

This iPhone is currently activated and completely functional. However, this iPhone is synced to his iTunes library, and I will have to restore it in order for it to work with mine.

Here is the problem. I'm living in New Zealand, and this AT&T iPhone is only working right now because of the ultrasn0w unlock. If I restored it to 4.0.1, to my knowledge, the iPhone will become deactivated. If so, how can I activate it again?

The iPhone 4 currently has no jailbreak method that works like PwnageTool (which can hacktivate it). I can only jailbreak it with JailbreakMe if it's been activated. The iPhone 4 can't function here in NZ unless it is jailbroken and unlocked.

Can someone tell me what I should do in this situation? Is there any way to activate the iPhone if I restore it? I currently have a Vodafone NZ MicroSIM.

I believe u would need an AT&T sim card or possible a phonebook sim card. U can get both off eBay

Thanks

U don't need to restore to sync it to ur library. It's just going to clear the music off, NOT mess up ur unlock.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mbeezy81 For This Useful Post:

ImperialX (2010-09-14)

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy81 View Post
    U don't need to restore to sync it to ur library. It's just going to clear the music off, NOT mess up ur unlock.
    Thanks for the response, I was too afraid to press anything because it might get rid of the jb. It's a relief to hear I won't lose anything. Interestingly, how did the guy who sold it to me in the first place activate his? =/

It won't force me to update to 4.1 after I erase it and sync with my library, right?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ImperialX View Post
    Thanks for the response, I was too afraid to press anything because it might get rid of the jb. It's a relief to hear I won't lose anything. Interestingly, how did the guy who sold it to me in the first place activate his? =/

It won't force me to update to 4.1 after I erase it and sync with my library, right?
    It won't force u too update, it will just clear the media off and then you can sync it to your library for future uses. I couldn't tell you if he activated or hacktivated it when he had it. Did he have an original sim for it??

I thought you can't hacktivate an iPhone 4?