Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlock for 5.14.02

Quote Originally Posted by iPittsburgh View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry.
    ahaha that's ok
    well yea..
    the unlock for it shld be out first thing 2mrw morning
    ( dat wat DevTeam said)

Thanks

just read it here: Ultrasn0w to Unlock iPhone 3GS / 3G on iOS 4.2.1 Completed

few moments ago, Musclenerd has confirmed that the ultrasn0w to unlock iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G finally got working fully on 4.2.1, so it looks that everything over there going alright, everything on schedule, which means that we will catch new version of ultrasn0w tomorrow as we mentioned before.

Thanks

I have an AT&T sim card in my jailbroken 3GS / 05.14.02 iOS 4.1. I use T-mobile and have had to rely on my 2g which is currently unlocked to make and receive calls/SMS. The 3GS I been using as an iPod in anticipation for tomorrows unlock.

My question is, does my tmobile sim have to be in the phone during the unlock process or does it not matter?

Well we won't know for sure until the new unlock comes out, but previously there was no need for any sim card to be in during install.

The only thing I experienced was that the phone wouldn't activate fully until I put the new sim in (tmobile in your instance), since you're already activated it won't matter.

So if I'm reading the dev-team blog correctly, I can now unlock my iPhone 3G (modem 5.14.02) by just updating the baseband via redsn0w (as in Simplified Route #1)? I already have a jailbroken 4.2.1 on it, so I'm confused by the "(the only IPSW you ever point it at is the stock IPSW for the FW on your iPhone right now)" in Update #2. Do I have to go back to a stock 4.2.1 first?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

No you can just use redsn0w to update the baseband. Choose not to install cydia since you already have it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

pettazz (2010-11-30)

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    No you can just use redsn0w to update the baseband. Choose not to install cydia since you already have it.
    Awesome, thank you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Can i just use redsn0w to update the baseband? Im on 4.1 and thats what is keeping me from unlocking. I do not want 4.2.1 because it would make me tethered. I ready have 4.1 jailbroken cydia installed but im a newer bootrom 3GS.. I just want the unlock so.. Can i just use redsn0w to update the baseband??

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Ya you can just use redsnow to update baseband. Just make sure you deselect the install cydia.

it's doesn't matter man... is ur iphone already unlock or you want to unlock it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vrtheone_lucky View Post
    it's doesn't matter man... is ur iphone already unlock or you want to unlock it?
    YES it Matters.. HELLO?! Tethered vs Untethered and i already unlocked.. If u notice most of us are learning this subject thru trial and error... since that post was made I was able to succeed in the best interests of my goal..

I have 3GS newer bootrom previously on 05.14.02.. Did not touch 4.2 at all.. (I don't want to be tethered) I used redsnow and jailbroke to stock 4.1FW (what the phone was running before unlock)

All is good used redsnow to jailbreak & got to remain on 4.1 untethered. BB upgraded to 06.15.00 (most likely permanently) so I was able to run ultrasnow 1.2 and finally support my TMobile service on phone. Not too happy about GPS being all cracked out on me but everything that has presented itself as an issue so far I've performed the procedures the Dev team have dished out and so far the battery drain GONE, the activated sim GONE taken care of with SAM. anyway I'm sure the gps is next on list.. Thanks DEV TEAM!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pettazz View Post
    Awesome, thank you.
    I already did it and it worked for me..

Try it
    1) use the redsnow that was the current version that was released a couple of days before ultrasnow 1.2 was dropped.
    2) u have to already be on 4.1 and use stock FW from ur original setup to run in redsnow.
    3) this part is tricky, are you already jailbroken before ultrasnow was released? I was... So I decided to
    4) UNCHECK THE INSTALL CYDIA
    5) Check update baseband..

Walla! Worked for me...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeMiamiFL For This Useful Post:

BEEKS (2010-12-20)

deleted
    Last edited by Jdawg14; 2010-12-07 at 05:26 AM.

Thanks for all the help on this one guys! My friend's 3G's been dormant for the last couple months......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12